Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared accommodation and child access

Options
  • 03-06-2019 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Me & my ex partner are in the process of splitting up. We have one four year old daughter. I’m looking at shared accommodation close to my job, because I couldn’t afford a one bed flat myself. My ex isn’t happy with this. She says I won’t be able to accommodate the child overnight in this way.

Even though I tend to agree with her, what are my options here? She already claims HAP based on the child, so I can’t do that too for the same child. And getting my own place, meeting my overhead, paying maintenance and all the rest, just won’t happen. My parents died and my sister lives abroad, so staying with family isn’t possible. I don’t think I could encroach on anyone’s else’s space like that on a permanent long term basis either.

All advice welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Apologise to the OP in the delay of approving this.

Advertisement