If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV

Options
  • 16-06-2019 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi - Looking for your advice - I have a Samsung [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]40F6500 which I bought from yourselves I think around 2014 that needs replacing[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]This time I thinking of a 50 to 55 Inch screen - The only makes I am familiar with are Samsung and Phillips (Have always bought from yourselves) The technology seems to have moved on dramatically since 2014 and your choices are vast so am not sure what to go for - Have around 750 euros to spend [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Any help much appreciated [/font]

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

barsan wrote: »
    Hi - Looking for your advice - I have a Samsung [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]40F6500 which I bought from yourselves I think around 2014 that needs replacing[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]This time I thinking of a 50 to 55 Inch screen - The only makes I am familiar with are Samsung and Phillips (Have always bought from yourselves) The technology seems to have moved on dramatically since 2014 and your choices are vast so am not sure what to go for - Have around 750 euros to spend [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Any help much appreciated [/font]
    Hi barsan,

Thanks for your post. The technology has moved on a good bit in the last couple of years. The big advance has been 4K panels and the best of them are the OLED TVs which are unparalleled for picture quality. The cheapest would be the LG OLED55B8 at 1249 euro.

Around the 750 euro mark you could go for a replacement with a Samsung UE50RU7400 at 749 euro. It's a 4K HDR TV with a fantastic smart hub:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203959-samsung-ue50ru7400-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-tvplus.aspx

However if you can go a little higher I would recommend the Panasonic TX49FX750 which is at 819 euro at the moment. It's a massive step above the Samsung with a smoother panel for motion and HDR pro for better contrast, colour and brightness. Around that price I think this TV would give you the best picture quality:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203462-panasonic-tx49fx750b-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know if any of these are of interest to you!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭barsan

David - Many thanks - I will check these out tonight and will give you a shout 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

No problem at all Barsan.

Let us know your thoughts once you have had a chance to check over them.

Hi Kenny - I will go with the Panasonic - It seems a major step up from what I have - You should have my details - By the way apologies I never followed up with thanks for the deal on the Cambridge CXN and CD Player - They were a great buy
    Barsan

Hi Kenny - I will go with the Panasonic - It seems a major step up from what I have - You should have my details - By the way apologies I never followed up with thanks for the deal on the Cambridge CXN and CD Player - They were a great buy
    Barsan

Hey Barsan.

No problem at all :D

The CXN is a great bit of kit, wouldn't mind getting myself one.

If you drop me over you full name in a PM I can locate you account on our system.

• Advertisement

Kenny - Just sent you a PM with Account details - Can pay in sterling or euros - Your call Thanks Barsan

Kenny - Just sent you a PM with Account details - Can pay in sterling or euros - Your call Thanks  Barsan
    Thanks Barsan.

Will drop you a call ASAP :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.