Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does any boardies here know much about snapchat

• 14-06-2019 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a difficult time with the ex lately and we've been texting alot over snapchat. The other night she started blurting out stuff that she would never usually say over text messaging .. I started to screenshot the msgs but in the middle of doing so her name suddenly disappeared along with all the saved msgs ( going back about a year)

I know she has obviously blocked me but what confuses me is that she has blocked me before ( as recent as last week) and I've always been able to read back on our msgs . My understanding is that if I block her she can still read our saved msgs but I can't, and vise versa .

Can anyone tell me how she done this ? I've been reading about apps you can download to delete saved conversations on snapchat but I'm crap at this kind of stuff and don't know much about it .

I've also read that I can get our saved msgs back by downloading a file manager then searching for .comandroidsnapchat and doing something with the no.media files (im unsure what though )

It also says if I plug my phone into the laptop I can get the msgs back up with some effort but again I don't understand this it's a puzzle to me.

She also blocked my friends on snapchat but they can still see all their saved chats , so she's definitely done something to delete our conversations and hasn't deleted her account either

This may sound of little importance, niggling whatever you want to call it and I won't go into it too much , but I feel I must give some reason as to why I'm so desperate to retrieve these messages .

We are in the beginning of court proceedings over access to our kid,
    Long story short she was in a fit of rage the other night and admitted alot of her manipulating ways ,Along with this her dark evil side really emerged and it was all in writing . These messages are very important as they really show her true colours .

I've tried asking people I've tried fb for answers but no-one seams to know . Tia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Okay I don’t know, but let it be a lesson not to talk about stuff you’ll need for court proceedings over Snapchat. It’s extremely unreliable technology that I’ve found unreliable for even just having a normal text conversation, nevermind one pertaining to something as important as child custody. So you may just have to write this one off and lose whatever ‘evidence’ you think you have.

If it makes you feel any better, and it may not, family courts aren’t as interested as you may think in the minutiae of “he said/she said” arguments, their concern is primarily to mediate and figure out a way a child has access to both of their parents. Things that will swing child proceedings in a meaningful way are the likes of serious substance abuse problems, not “someone showing their true colours.” A judge doesn’t want to read your Snapchat arguments basically. Their job is to look past the petty points-scoring and figure out how this child is supposed to live as healthy a life as possible, so if you two can be in the same room to co-parent effectively, if you need someone else to drop off/collect the child, that kinda thing.

If you can, or whenever you can if it becomes an option again down the line, block her yourself on Snapchat. Only talk to her on WhatsApp or somewhere where you can verify the messages if you need to refer back to it, with WhatsApp messages can be deleted within the first few minutes, but I believe as soon as you’ve seen it it can’t be. Insist on talking to her that way, only civilly, not about the problems that caused the end of your relationship and only about what you need to re access. In time you’ll probably be happy this toxic loop of arguments was broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

When you screenshot on snapchat, the other user gets a notification that you've done it.

Advertisement