Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Longines - price

• 25-07-2019 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭

How much is attached worth would you say? My friend inherited it recently and is thinking of selling. Thinks it 5 years old

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sorry, not seeing any pics Tikki. I would say that at only five years old it'll have dropped a lot over new retail price, unless it was a relatively rare variant of a model, like the original run of Legend Divers without a date. They hold onto a higher value.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

Wibbs wrote: »
    Sorry, not seeing any pics Tikki. I would say that at only five years old it'll have dropped a lot over new retail price, unless it was a relatively rare variant of a model, like the original run of Legend Divers without a date. They hold onto a higher value.

Oops how do I upload from phone do you know ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I don't if I'm honest, sorry.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

How much is attached worth would you say? My friend inherited it recently and is thinking of selling. Thinks it 5 years old

Pic

486297.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

It’s worth about 950 brand new with the box and papers. The reference is L4.874.4.52.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

GBP850 from the UK, so no VAT or duties to be paid (if you're quick :p)

Linky

It's a classy dress watch. I would keep it.

Time wrote: »
    It’s worth about 950 brand new with the box and papers. The reference is L4.874.4.52.2

It’s a slightly diff model.

unkel wrote: »
    GBP850 from the UK, so no VAT or duties to be paid (if you're quick :p)

Linky

It's a classy dress watch. I would keep it.

Hi diff model on that like. Haven’t been able to find an exact match online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I never even checked, just googled the ref number :o

Your watch is actually far nicer. Keep it man, rather than sell it for a few hundred quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A second hand watch is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

In this case you have a relatively new watch but not new enough for people to pay anything near retail. It's not collectible either.
    What it is is a nice looking watch with a decent movement made my a well known brand. Its not old enough to be vintage but not new enough to be 'as new'.
    On that basis - maybe a few hundred.

It's a nice looking watch. I would hold on to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Sorry for hijacking this thread but are The Watch Source safe prices seems really good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Yeah they're legit.

Advertisement