Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Stop 90's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Not at all, we know and get on well with the lads. In fact we have even swapped tech expertise and dozens of music folders too. There is no issue.

That's reassuring!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭TheLonelyOne

100cent wrote: »
    Is anyone else tuning into this station on 107.1FM?

For those of us who were in 'our prime' clubbing in the 90's this station is a real must for you.

Long may it last. :)

Sad to hear they are shuting down

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sad to hear they are shuting down

Where did you hear that? That's a pity if it's true. Was a really good station.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? That's a pity if it's true. Was a really good station.

Their Facebook page has a post announcing same while their air links are talking about it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Going off air while applying for a full Licence. Best of luck to them. Great to have a different option on the daily commute. Seem to be implying 4fm might have got them shut down.

It's been the station Ive listen to most since I 1st stumbled on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Their Facebook page has a post announcing same while their air links are talking about it as well.

Just read the fb post there. Well at least they are going to apply for a licence. Might not be the last we've heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Couldn't agree more with their Facebook post, Irish radio is so crap, thank god for the USB port on car radios

Ideally I'd love to have a professional classic dance station(that's what I expected when this station started) then a 80s and 90s or even 80/90s

So tired of Irish djs with American accents playing whatever record companies tell them, then oh I love this song.

I still remember when all the pirate stations all closed to try and go legal and where set up as spin was set in concrete(it did start out good )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I presume they are applying for a temporary licence, similar to what the 90s Network did a few years ago. Maybe get a few of those under their belt to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

No licence on offer at the moment from the BAI and if there was a full licence 90s would have to have News and Irish content etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Rock Solid wrote: »
    No licence on offer at the moment from the BAI and if there was a full licence 90s would have to have News and Irish content etc.

and it would undoubtedly have to morph into something different 3 years into it's licence for commercial reasons and it would become "non stop hits" and end up sounding like 4FM/Q102

• Advertisement

Fran1985 wrote: »
    and it would undoubtedly have to morph into something different 3 years into it's licence for commercial reasons and it would become "non stop hits" and end up sounding like 4FM/Q102

Just like Spin did, great at the start and eventually went crap :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭TheLonelyOne

Going off air while applying for a full Licence. Best of luck to them. Great to have a different option on the daily commute. Seem to be implying 4fm might have got them shut down.

It's been the station Ive listen to most since I 1st stumbled on it.

Wonder if 4fm DID put a complaint in against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Got2TurnAround

I love this station and hardly listen to anything else on the radio since it began. Please don't take it off air!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 comegowithme

Wonder if 4fm DID put a complaint in against them.

Complaints were lodged by all Dublin stations but 4fm management was particularly vocal in it's opposition to the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Complaints were lodged by all Dublin stations but 4fm management was particularly vocal in it's opposition to the station.

LOL, when will legal radio ever realise that pirate radio is the steel structure holding them up, if anything they should be saying nothing and letting them get on with things. Once FM goes out of fashion theyll be up **** creek without a paddle, personally I am fed up listening to the radio, I just do because its easy but my god it's awful.

I guess, if ****s going tits up at some radio station and the JNLRs are down. It's is easy to say a sure 'that ninety's station is taking away listener's'. Phek em, they can have there legals, dont listen to any of the 'big' commercial stations anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

That'd be all the Dublin stations that sound exactly the same and play the same ****e music and fawn over the same "celebrity" ****e

Legal stations would want to look back on history and remember where a lot of their djs came from in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Any more details on this? Who's your source? No need for names, but maybe you can shed some more light?

I would well expect that they have upset the legal stations, and this ultimately has now led to their downfall.

Remember they aren’t just running ads for their own gigs like what most recent pirate operators would typically only stretch do – they are playing lots of professional adverts, and some for pretty well known brands. They were so professional in their approach and had high broadcast standards and on air talent, you’d easily confuse them for a legal operator.

They were doing all this without the overheads and broadcast requirements of the legals, so of course it was going to get the wrong kind of attention.

I just hope they get out clean and go to prove themselves to the BAI by getting some temporary licenses and taking it from there. Worst case scenario is ComReg go hard after them, their site owners and their advertisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Non stop..... I will miss you :mad::mad::mad:

From the most professional music to the best indents.. What a refresh to our ears, a break from the 'professionals' you will be missed..

So many songs to pick for a farewell song. I can't think of one, or be the one who picks one. I just hope it is recored the leaving party, cause its the closest super pirate in a long long time. . . Bye bye Non stop.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Ah I loved this station! It was the soundtrack to my teenage years!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Ah I loved this station! It was the soundtrack to my teenage years!

It's not the end ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Rock Solid wrote: »
    It's not the end ...

It's not over, not over, not over, not over yet.

Pulse played that as their very last song back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

jaysis, just looking at the facebook page, I didn't realise Terry Fitz was on the air there.

That's a proper blast from the past, he was in my school, few years ahead of me, I remember him going on Blind Date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

It's not over, not over, not over, not over yet.

Pulse played that as their very last song back in the day.

Was the last song on Pulse not a Michael Jackson song with Tony Dixon the on air presenter ?

"Not over yet" was used in the closedown promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

I remember hearing an ad on the station by a famous car dealership, that's played on the licenced stations. Then thinking to myself, well it won't be long before they go. They must have been making a fortune.

It was a great station. The jingles were cool also. From what I hear they are just going to be online only. Which is not so bad. I'd still tune in anyhow.

They've put a post on Facebook today, reporting that they've expanded to Dundalk, Drogheda and Sligo. As well as a shortwave frequency! Doesn't sound like a station that's closing in a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Karsini wrote: »
    They've put a post on Facebook today, reporting that they've expanded to Dundalk, Drogheda and Sligo. As well as a shortwave frequency! Doesn't sound like a station that's closing in a week!

True, but just for this week only. Close on FM is October 31st.

• Advertisement

Going down in a blaze of glory is the phrase I heard today... :)

Advertisement