Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube videos you keep going back to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Jim Brownings videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,598 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The Bushman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

TheW1zard wrote: »
    The iceman interviews (richard kalinski or whatever)

Absolutely brilliant. Watched these after reading the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

No bad language and yet still gets the laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Yep definitely something creepy about them. Their buddies Tim K and Soviet pimp Conor Clyne don't hide their exploits as well.

Harold Baldrs content is better imo than B&B

Yeah yerman Conor Clyne is an odd chap. Looked him up a while back, obviously an extremely smart fellow, was a lawyer for the EU at one stage and is multilingual. Took a very odd left-turn in his life and is now operating same weird mail order bride / dating service for Western European men coming to Eastern Europe (?or I don't know what?)?

Bald and Bankrupt is extremely entertaining though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whenever i'm feeling down in the dumps i go straight to this video, it cheers me up no end, the first time i watched it i had tears running down my face ...its priceless :p

ladies & gentlemen i give you scottish tourettes....enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭No again Danni

I saw that years ago. You can't help but laugh.

Must be a very hard thing to live with though.

yes no doubt its a very distressing condition and under normal circumstances i wouldn't laugh at it, but its just the carefree nature they deal with it and of course the scottish accents that makes it so funny

fryup wrote: »
    whenever i'm feeling down in the dumps i go straight to this video, it cheers me up no end, the first time i watched it i had tears running down my face ...its priceless :p

ladies & gentlemen i give you scottish tourettes....enjoy
    I saw that years ago. You can't help but laugh.

Must be a very hard thing to live with though.
    yes no doubt its a very distressing condition and under normal circumstances i wouldn't laugh at it, but its just the carefree nature they deal with it and of course the scottish accents that makes it so funny

Some of the best advocates for just how difficult it is to live with - and how hard it has been on their own lives - are the ones who are also able to see the funny side of it themselves and laugh at their own condition.

They can laugh at the condition and themselves without for one moment taking away from the seriousness of the condition or it's effects. And that is a great thing.

The two examples that jump to mind are:

1) The Gamer Sweet Anita - aside from being (to me anyway) astoundingly attractive she is also one who really sees the funny side of her own condition. But speaks a lot about it and raising awareness of it. Here is one of her "outtakes" videos but there are many many more.

2) Lewis QBall - from northern Ireland. His raising awareness about tourettes in a comical way got him a short stint as a BBC Talk show presenter. But he does show the funny side of it too. Such as this time he tried to read childrens poems and ended up slapping himself in the head with his own phone. "The F blind Cnts are deaf as well!!!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭No again Danni

Some of the best advocates for just how difficult it is to live with - and how hard it has been on their own lives - are the ones who are also able to see the funny side of it themselves and laugh at their own condition.

They can laugh at the condition and themselves without for one moment taking away from the seriousness of the condition or it's effects. And that is a great thing.

The two examples that jump to mind are:

1) The Gamer Sweet Anita - aside from being (to me anyway) astoundingly attractive she is also one who really sees the funny side of her own condition. But speaks a lot about it and raisi

That guy who won Big Brother aswell. Pete Bennet. Very good looking fella and he won because he was a nice lad not because he had tourettes. You didn't even notice the tics that much after a while but yes being able to laugh about it would make all the difference. You have to accept it and doing that means that it can be funny sometimes otherwise you would just be miserable.

1) The Gamer Sweet Anita - aside from being (to me anyway) astoundingly attractive she is also one who really sees the funny side of her own condition. But speaks a lot about it and raising awareness of it.

she's gorgeous,

btw- is she making the popping sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

I kept going back to Hardy bucks videos on youtube. but less so now. just pointing it out in case some people havent heard of them

she's gorgeous,

btw- is she making the popping sound?

Yeah - often vocal tourettes is random but usually there is also one or two things that they shout a lot.

Sweet Anita I think makes the whistle-popping sound a lot and says something like "Cum on a biscuit" a lot. She also switches into a weird "announcer" voice and says things like "You've got mail".

Qball normally slaps his own forehead and his common vocal tic is "Fck Caramel blloxs!" which I think he started selling on a TShirt at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    No bad language and yet still gets the laughs.

Brendan's drunk bits were second to none. He was a great entertainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Even the advisor/therapist cracked up laughing at one stage, in fairness. Plus you can see when the therapist said that is not a very good word. To the fella who said '**** off' he smiled. And yer man who said he was terrible at playing charades. Definitely is humour in it. But jayus, it must be very wearing to live with that condition. I am surprised that they do not go off the wall altogether.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

His little face. Cracks me up every time.

https://youtu.be/qLSyoXw0I5E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

This, for the humour and cynicism:

This for the humour and straight faces:

Also:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

two blokes in a van

Nicolas Winton on this is your life

Clips of "the wire"

the most courageous act to ever take place on a track Steve Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Never get tired of Ricky Gervais making celebs uncomfortable.

Definitely is humour in it. But jayus, it must be very wearing to live with that condition. I am surprised that they do not go off the wall altogether.

amongst themselves they can laugh at it...but out in the public amongst strangers it must be hell

its like what's the worst thing you could say in a public setting...most of us would stay silent, but those poor buggers just blurt it out!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,346 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

storker wrote: »
    This for the humour and straight faces:

The thing about this is that it's one of the very few times David Brent behaves like an actual manager and this is how it goes. Such a brilliant bit of comedy.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

It appears to have been taken down from youtube now, but the old Classical music Bugs Bunny cartoons, especially 'What's Opera Doc'

Appears to be on Dailymotion and Vimeo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Bigclivedotcom if I'm working on something and get stuck and know that he's covered it. Very intelligent and funny presenter. And his live streams on a Saturday night are booze filled comedies.

The Secret Life of Machines by Tim Hunkin and Rex Garrod. Really interesting stuff and made on a small budget for Channel 4 (I think). Btw, Tim Hunkin has just started a new series on YT called The Secret Life of Components.

retalivity wrote: »
    It appears to have been taken down from youtube now, but the old Classical music Bugs Bunny cartoons, especially 'What's Opera Doc'

love those old time cartoons, Tom & Jerry being my favourite, RTE used to show them all the time esp as a filler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

What ever happened to the cartoons? Haven't seen any tom&jerry or loony toons for years. :(

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement