Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder for Boreds

Options
  • 11-04-2020 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

With social distancing now the norm is it time for boards to help single people connect with a dating forum? Obviously it'll be very chast but could lead to something horizontal or at least emotional eventually, when the vaccine arrives. I have no idea how it would be structured or moderated what with all the catfishing these days. Or is this just a terrible idea bought on by my own isolation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Chaste long enough. Time to be chased!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

With social distancing now the norm is it time for boards to help single people connect with a dating forum? Obviously it'll be very chast but could lead to something horizontal or at least emotional eventually, when the vaccine arrives. I have no idea how it would be structured or moderated what with all the catfishing these days. Or is this just a terrible idea bought on by my own isolation?

Throw up a photo of yourself there and we'll kick off the auction.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Finally, a decent thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A nice idea. On paper :pac:
    Remember a good few years ago there used to be threads where people would post pictures of themselves? ...

Not in after hours. But other forums. Any woman who posted one of herself would get about 50 thanks. If a guy did the same what, 5 thanks? :pac:

So yeah. If boards had a dating forum it would be no different than dating websites or even tinder. A good 50 to 1 men to women ratio haha.

But you could call the forum sausage fest as it would be an apt name. Lol.

50:1

I'm in :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭St Tropez Betty

Im in too. Down to 48:1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

There'll be nobody your age Harry

I predict such a forum,would end in much bitter infighting and chaos

Count me in :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Throw up a photo of yourself there and we'll kick off the auction.

Kill off more like.

I'm pretty sure there is some kinda dating forum but you need an invite or something.

• Advertisement

Also Harry would be a good catch for when the food chain breaks down and the shops are empty. He knows how to grow food n stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I do remember a thread where people used put up pics for likes and lols...... & It all went badly wrong for 1 poster... meltdown and a ban ensued for her I think.... closed her account... that was some time.ago though....we are all much more mature now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I do remember a thread where people used put up pics for likes and lols...... & It all went badly wrong for 1 poster... meltdown and a ban ensued for her I think.... closed her account... that was some time.ago though....we are all much more mature now...

Speak for yourself. I don't intend to be mature till 65. Until then I will be as I always was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There was a "know your nerds" thing, is that what posters are remembering? That was clearly nothing but a thanks whore charter! :D

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'm pretty sure there is some kinda dating forum but you need an invite or something.

There's a forum for discussing online dating and experiences therein. It's not a hookup forum though, if that's what you are expecting.

mike_ie wrote: »
    There's a forum for discussing online dating and experiences therein. It's not a hookup forum though, if that's what you are expecting.

Ah I see. Someone just mentioned it to me recently. I'd have no interest anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I'm in for a tenner on black..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone turning "Billy Hayes" yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

fryup wrote: »
    anyone turning "Billy Hayes" yet ?

something something Smuggling Budgies something something.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Not in after hours. But other forums. Any woman who posted one of herself would get about 50 thanks. If a guy did the same what, 5 thanks? :pac:
    I think I got about 20 thanks once when I posted a pic of myself playing chess underwater, and I was chuffed, and then some fecker just after me posted a pic of himself carrying his newborn baby and got about 80 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Do ye want the "here's what I look like going to a wedding with my makeup and hair done and a lovely dress taken in just the right lighting" photo, or the "here's what I look like right now in a hoodie and no makeup and hair that hasn't been brushed never mind washed today" photo?

The former would probably get more thanks, but the latter is closer to my daily reality.

KiKi III wrote: »
    Do ye want the "here's what I look like going to a wedding with my makeup and hair done and a lovely dress taken in just the right lighting" photo, or the "here's what I look like right now in a hoodie and no makeup and hair that hasn't been brushed never mind washed today" photo?

The former would probably get more thanks, but the latter is closer to my daily reality.
    Nah, we just want the below the waist pics.

Ficheall wrote: »
    I think I got about 20 thanks once when I posted a pic of myself playing chess underwater, and I was chuffed, and then some fecker just after me posted a pic of himself carrying his newborn baby and got about 80 :mad:

The most thanks I've ever gotten on boards was for a picture of my dog. I won't take offence, she is cuter than I am.

Nah, we just want the below the waist pics.

I'm not at the stage of isolation where i'm willing to post fanny pics, but come back to me if the lockdown gets extended again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

can't wait to get naked with women again!

*willingly

I'm not at the stage of isolation where i'm willing to post fanny pics, but come back to me if the lockdown gets extended again.

I'll extend for said pic if u got toilet paper i got pasta x

LaFuton wrote: »
    I'll extend for said pic if u got toilet paper i got pasta x

Hahahahaha. This can be like one of those "If we're both not married when we're 40" pacts. If we're both still horny on May 5...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

*Bookmarks post*

There's a right bang of desperation in this thread.

• Advertisement

Hahahahaha. This can be like one of those "If we're both not married when we're 40" pacts. If we're both still horny on May 5...

well ya better have something to trade lady, i dont come cheaply ya kno

Advertisement