Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub 2016

Options
  • 30-11-2015 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when the draws are made for the Cups/Shields?

Anyone from a host club that knows what events they are hosting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭DiegoWorst

Ronney wrote: »

Draws have been made in the west.
    https://www.golfnet.ie/news/gui/connacht/892/aig-draws-announced-in-connacht

Others surely to follow in the coming days/weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Ronney wrote: »

Around the 2nd week in December, only venue I know of already is the Ring Of Kerry GC is hosting the Junior cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

DiegoWorst wrote: »
    Draws have been made in the west.
    https://www.golfnet.ie/news/gui/connacht/892/aig-draws-announced-in-connacht

Others surely to follow in the coming days/weeks.

Senior cup, Barton shield and junior cup 3 weekends in a row.

No way I get the hall pass for all 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Rikand wrote: »
    Senior cup, Barton shield and junior cup 3 weekends in a row.

No way I get the hall pass for all 3

You've some advance warning at least to work up the brownie points/alternative solutions through!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Lucan are hosting qualifying for the Barton Shield in 2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

and I heard links courses St Annes and Laytown Bettystown may be involved in Senior Cup/Baron Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

I'm not basing this on any kind of forensic analysis, but it seems to me that there's an improvement in the standard of hosting courses over the last 2 years. And the above courses look good too.

I'm not sure whether it was the recession or what, but for a few years in a row previously, so many interclub events seemed to be in very low-end courses.

I'm all for playing interclass at all standards of venues, but (without naming any names) it felt like we were going to a hilly field or an iffy 9-hole nearly every year at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WheresMyPar

Cill Dara are hosting first Qualifying round for Jimmy Bruen

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

I'm not basing this on any kind of forensic analysis, but it seems to me that there's an improvement in the standard of hosting courses over the last 2 years. And the above courses look good too.

I'm not sure whether it was the recession or what, but for a few years in a row previously, so many interclub events seemed to be in very low-end courses.

I'm all for playing interclass at all standards of venues, but (without naming any names) it felt like we were going to a hilly field or an iffy 9-hole nearly every year at one stage.
    Iffy 9 hole, oh you poor thing having to play the same 9 twice.

Cill Dara are hosting first Qualifying round for Jimmy Bruen

Haha, I've played there - it's a good track!
    Iffy 9 hole, oh you poor thing having to play the same 9 twice.

Worthwhile contribution there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Some lads having a pop at 9 hole courses, and some of them members of nine hole courses!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Palmerstown Stud are hosting senior cup qualifying in 2016 anyway.

Does anyone know the Fitzgibbon Cup draw?

And apparently there's a new format?

Does anyone know the Fitzgibbon Cup draw?

And apparently there's a new format?

I haven't heard the result of the meeting of all the relevant clubs that was to be held on Thursday 3rd Dec. Because of the usually bad weather in Jan/Feb, there were proposals from a couple of clubs to start the competition end of Sept/Oct. We felt that was a reasonable idea with the finals maybe early March.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Ronney

I haven't heard the result of the meeting of all the relevant clubs that was to be held on Thursday 3rd Dec. Because of the usually bad weather in Jan/Feb, there were proposals from a couple of clubs to start the competition end of Sept/Oct. We felt that was a reasonable idea with the finals maybe early March.

This years final being played in October might have brought rise to a bit of a format rethink!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 quinda

Howth Centenary this year.

Hosting Barton Shield Quarters and Semis and Jimmy Bruen Semis and Finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Ronney

New Pennant up for grabs

The Golfing Union of Ireland have added the All Ireland Inter-Club Four Ball Championship to their roster of inter-club events for 2016, with the final set for September although the date and venue have yet to be finalised.

With the introduction of the new inter-club event, Ireland’s clubs will have the chance to chase another green pennant. A popular format at clubs across the island, the GUI All Ireland Inter-Club Four Ball Championship will be played out across the four provinces and the provincial champions will compete in the All-Ireland national finals.

Open to all those aged over 30 on 1 January, the GUI All Ireland Inter-Club Four Ball Championship is limited to players with a handicap of 16 or more. Each team shall consist of 10 members, five pairs, and the minimum combined handicap for each pairing is 36.

All matches will be played off scratch, similar to existing inter-club events like the AIG Pierce Purcell Shield and the AIG Jimmy Bruen Shield, which are played by foursomes.
    - See more at: https://www.golfnet.ie/news/gui/909/new-four-ball-inter-club-event-confirmed#sthash.lzjYPo5O.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Great to see a fourball comp getting in the mix for All-Ireland.

Just a pity it's not handicapped and open to all. Over 30's is good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Typical, I'm over 30 and was off 16 last year. Then they go and introduce this when my handicap drops to 15!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

Still no sign of any fixtures in Leinster.

• Advertisement

Still no sign of any fixtures in Leinster.

Just up today

https://www.golfnet.ie/events/inter-club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭opinionated3

1st round of pierce purcell in clare is down for kilkee.......could they have picked a worse course? ?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Munster Cups and Shields Draws 2016.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sodbuster77

Anyone know when the Barton Cup draw is?

Leinster draws are up on Golfnet for

Senior Cup
    Barton Shield
    Junior Cup
    Jimmy Bruen Shield
    Pierce Purcell Shield

Anyone know when the Barton Cup draw is?

Went up today on Golfnet together with others including Metro, Mixed and the new fourball

Advertisement