Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Cutra 24th May 2015

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Ceepo wrote: »
    I don't think that to compare a race that gives out nada is something to aspire to.
    Imo they should at least get something to the value of the entry.

While they might have a good prize fund they also have that fund split up between a lot of races. Winning one of the races wouldn't be to far away from parity with some stand alone races.

Relay.............................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

tunney wrote: »
    Relay.............................

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

peter kern wrote: »
    triathlon is not a sport in a controlled environment so some people will always have small advantages and disatvantgaes. sometimes you get a good group in the swim sometimes you dont etc .

That's not a fair comparison. Organisers have no control over packs forming in the swim, but they most definitely have control over the course layout. It doesn't matter if it's the 1st guy held up or the 101st, in so far as is possible, they're both fully entitled to race under the exact same conditions.
    and i dodnt really think you can say you have not goinaed those 5 seconds you lost, being around other cyclists on the course. so you lost 10 seconds and maybe won 1 min somewhere else ... while kevin T was in another zipp code and really the only thing we should think about is to close the gap to kevin rather than complaining aoubt 10 seconds when we are 10 min behind....

I dont think I was complaining. I merely stated a fact, I was held up because of the course layout.
    I don't want to discuss my own performance here, but seeing as you commented on it; The way the cycle went for me, I don't see how I gained anything from any other cyclists on the course.
    And I know exactly where I stand in relation to Kevin Thornton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Ceepo wrote: »
    I don't think that to compare a race that gives out nada is something to aspire to.
    Imo they should at least get something to the value of the entry.

While they might have a good prize fund they also have that fund split up between a lot of races. Winning one of the races wouldn't be to far away from parity with some stand alone races.

the gountlet half had a very good prize purse , only for dublin 70.3 and the lost sheep would you get more money if you make it top 3 in any tri in ireland. ( actually only winning the lost sheep would get you more money 2nd and third i think would be equal )

re age group prices as long as trevor woods and matt malloy win races at the age of 45 plus I do not think we need them ... but again this is my opnion and i do understand if other people think differently but realisitcally 5 year age groups are a bit of a joke as we see people winning races between the age of 16 and 46.
    it would almost make more sense to have catogoryies like no kid 1 kid and 3 plus kids ( the only problem matt has 3 kids ....trevor 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

That's not a fair comparison. Organisers have no control over packs forming in the swim, but they most definitely have control over the course layout. It doesn't matter if it's the 1st guy held up or the 101st, in so far as is possible, they're both fully entitled to race under the exact same conditions

i am not sure why this is not a fair comparasion, what iam getting at is that race dynamics have a bigger impact than waiting 5 seconds on a road.

I think you probably vastly understimate how difficult it is to organice a race and even dublin 70.3 with some high level backing behind the sceans could not get the course it wants.... often course design is not only in the hands of the race organiser.( and as i was told in the 70 .3 thread Irish people apear to be the biggest whinner when it comes to races and most people complain if a road gets closed ,( i think it was tunney who said it ) so often you have to make compromises.

btw i do agree with you that this crossing back into transiton is something that could be improved on. Despite the fact that do think this has a minor impact on a race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Here is my review of the race. Hope you'll like it and sorry translation lasted so long this time, mostly Croatian and English version go out at the same time ...

Goran - Lough Cutra blog review

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Nice read Goran!

Advertisement