Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2000 & 1000 Guineas weekend 06/07 June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

You love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pinatubo had no excuse . The winner had a few problems coming through so fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭kksaints

Doesn't look like there's any excuse for Pinatubo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I had 100 at 11s and at 15s on Arizona.
    When I saw Pinatubo walking down the course beside the other horses alarm bells started ringing.
    He looked much smaller than the rest of the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Damn! second, maybe with a bit more cover, oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dayjur

another year of no superstars , kameko will just about get 10f

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Kameko would have won by further if he had a clear run in the final furlong.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

Kameko would have won by further if he had a clear run in the final furlong.

Agree on this. It was a bit of an obstacle course for him. Great ride by oisin Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Some small ew bets for an interest

1.15 Makanah 8/1 Won
    1.50 Queens Gift 12/1 Lost
    3.00 Volkan Star 8/1 Placed
    3.35 Juan Elcano 11/2 5 places 5th

Not a bad day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Liked Military Marches run with an eye to the Derby possibly, got interfered with by the winner and was given a handy time of it thereafter. Should have no issue with the step up and I might have a nibble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Fastest 2000 Guineas ever. Course seems to be like a road. Was there no watering for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Liked Military Marches run with an eye to the Derby possibly, got interfered with by the winner and was given a handy time of it thereafter. Should have no issue with the step up and I might have a nibble.

Noted that myself. Great minds...

.....lose their bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Gutted by Juan Elcano finishing fifth. No matter how many places a bookie give, your horse will always be one place outside :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Shows how great Frankel was with all that hype for Pinatubo, could win it any type of way could Frankel even with that joke Quelley on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

The punters have really come for Millisle tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dayjur

madmoose wrote: »
    Shows how great Frankel was with all that hype for Pinatubo, could win it any type of way could Frankel even with that joke Quelley on top.

Did not even run in either of the two biggest races in the world for a so called great

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Yolo Again could knick top four place in 4.25 at Haydock at 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Swore to myself I wouldn't back Ryan Moore this year
    Convinced myself the lesson was learned
    Happy with my decision

Here I am 5 minutes into the season angrier at myself than that absolute balloon of a jockey

Is it possible to lose the ability to judge pace as you get older??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Are you talking about the last race? Horse was practically pulled up. No one in their right mind could blame him for that. Give the betting a rest Rog if you think Moore was poor there. The games not for you.

I'm still a bit peeved off they didn't run Sangarius in the handier race on Friday. Will leave him off against Elarqam but still hopeful my opinion that he is a group 1 horse in waiting. So hoping he can get the job done.

• Advertisement

Sangarius has been friendless in the betting ever since the market was up

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Sangarius has been friendless in the betting ever since the market was up

Yep has alright. Stoutes horses aren't running great either apart from 1 maiden winner.

Very poor from Sangarius. Never picked up

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Very poor from Sangarius. Never picked up

Very dissapointing alright. Was a bit keen early and travelled nicely into it. But couldn't go with them. I'd be hopeful he'd come on from that. But still very dissapointing

Have backed Love in the 1000 guineas anyway. Mainly as I didn't like anything else in the race and think she is most likely to stay and run her race. She may just find a couple too good but I shall see.

BoldReason wrote: »
    Have backed Love in the 1000 guineas anyway. Mainly as I didn't like anything else in the race and think she is most likely to stay and run her race. She may just find a couple too good but I shall see.

Same. I think she wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Maybe its Quadrilateral that will be the star of the season when we were all looking at Pinatubo. Her FTW and Les Hogues to sneak a place with hotshot young Fallon onboard.

Dire stuff at Newmarket today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

The racing at Newmarket is reminding me of watching the Bags dogs in my college days. Sleep in, don't bother with college and head to the bookies to watch the Bags Dogs from Hove and other such tracks.
    Quickest dog out grabs the rail and wins seemed to be the order of the time, Newmarket seems exactly like that today. Be interesting in the Guineas what they do.
    Could there be a pace burn up with all the jockeys realising the massive bias to being prominent or will it just be a case of the Johnston horse getting away from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

3:35 1000 Guineas Hard to find anything of interest here, so going with former decent french horse Les Hogues . Her form has worked out and god this looks a weak race, apart from maybe Millisle who is too short.

1 Point ew 5 places paddy power 50/1

Advertisement