Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Injured horse abandoned on Wicklow Mountains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The poor pony, it takes a very callous person to do that.

Even if they're caught they'll get slap on the wrist, but a least the pony has the chance of a good life now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I would imagine this might have a cultural context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Horrible. Not new however. 40 years ago in the place I grew up certain kids would gallop the pregnant mares until the foals aborted. And worse. As a small child those horrors both traumatised and schooled me. Some people are damaged. Was part of the dark underbelly of life then, and the darkness remains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

At least they found her.

P.S that's a curious username you have there OP if I do say so myself. What happened?

Not new at all. The abandoned injured horse story comes round about every six months I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Animal abuse and cruelty laws are far too lax and lenient, not just here but the world over, where in the eyes of the Law they're treated as property and not living things.

These things keep happening because people are either never held accountable or are given slap on the wrist fines. They should be hell of a lot harsher.

Advertisement