Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Decent vacuum cleaner

Options
  • 15-11-2018 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a decent vacuum cleaner, bagless ideally. NOT Dyson.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Miele UK website have good black Friday deals. Don't deliver to Ireland or NI so I'll use an addresspal.ie from. An.
    https://m.miele.co.uk/domestic/product-selection-of-vacuum-cleaners-1783.htm#4_7,101

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

power city have a Black Friday deal on a numatic Henry for 129.99 , best value Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

power city have a Black Friday deal on a numatic Henry for 129.99 , best value Imo.

check amazon.co.uk for the henry range too, they have higher power models and other models in general with different peoples names. There is a reason you see some pro cleaners use them, even though they have the funny faces. I have heard pro cleaners in my place cursing dysons.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

rubadub wrote: »
    check amazon.co.uk for the henry range too, they have higher power models and other models in general with different peoples names. There is a reason you see some pro cleaners use them, even though they have the funny faces. I have heard pro cleaners in my place cursing dysons.

Ive the george (basically a more powerful wet/dry/shampoo cleaner and its the best vacuum ive ever owned, faces or not theyre a reliable hardy device with easy parts availability and great cleaning power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Depends on your budget, & what degree of action its going to face..

Power City have a bagless Vax for 79.95 which is highly recommended by Which.co.uk

https://powercity.ie/product/AWC01

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

We had a bagless Vax. Very disappointed with suction. Eventually replaced it with a Henry. Yes it has a bag but 10+ years later its still going strong. Bought a new hose for it on the net earlier this year. Replaced plug when i dropped it and it broke. Otherwise its as good as new.

Love my henry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

We had a bagless Vax. Very disappointed with suction. Eventually replaced it with a Henry. Yes it has a bag but 10+ years later its still going strong. Bought a new hose for it on the net earlier this year. Replaced plug when i dropped it and it broke. Otherwise its as good as new.

Love my henry:)

Like I said, depends on OPs budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

dinneenp wrote: »
    Miele UK website have good black Friday deals. Don't deliver to Ireland or NI so I'll use an addresspal.ie from. An.
    https://m.miele.co.uk/domestic/product-selection-of-vacuum-cleaners-1783.htm#4_7,101
    Bought a Miele 2 yrs ago ,soundstore,fab,have used Dyson etc ,not a patch on miele

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone used a Miele and a Henry? I'm looking at both but leaning toward the Henry at the moment and wondering if I@m making the right choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

blastman wrote: »
    Anyone used a Miele and a Henry? I'm looking at both but leaning toward the Henry at the moment and wondering if I@m making the right choice.
    Miele, seriously

Advertisement