Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How old is too old to go clubbing?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

When you're dead. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm 44 and was in a nightclub a few weeks ago on a stag do, prefer a late bar but the rest of the group wanted to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

What year did the Ormond close down? Then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

I’m 30, was in da club the other night and while standing there with two g&t’s in hand in the middle of the dance floor, I had a flashback to a better time. The year is 2012 and I’m buzzing off people, having the best time ever, having chats, spoofing and just otherwise, loving life. One Direction What Makes you Beautiful playing following another Chris Brown belter. Life is good. But then I had a realization that life has moved on, felt so sad. Would do anything to go back to those days.

30 is a weird one, to me I don’t feel old but definitely feel I’m pushing on. Nobody really says to you anymore that ‘ah god sure aren’t you so young’. Drinking and going out is always a good buzz but it’s **** that can still enjoy something but just feel out of the loop. Looks like the future is a dank spot in the corner of some old man boozer. Welcome to adulthood.

Would you lie about your age? Probably get less women, but I guess that's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Never to old to keep doing yokes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Never to old to keep doing yokes

As you get older, they're prescribed for you and you are frowned upon if you don't take them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I had to google that - so that's what the wright place turned into? I was in that place once before it turned into its current incarnation and it was like being in an episode of Geordie Shore. All tattoos and fake tan and muscles. What kind of crowd go there now?
    I always thought of Swords as the Essex of Dublin.

It's completely different now, seems to be a much nicer crowd attending now, I was in it myself for a work Xmas party when it was the previous venue and it was exactly as you are describing, the soundsystem is fantastic and the acts booked so far seem very solid, couple that with a 24 hour 41 bus to Swords and it could work out very well for all....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What do people actually mean by clubs though? There aren't many in Dublin that I know of, I mean techno nights etc. I don't think going to some late bar on Wexford st is clubbing is it? I'm 39 and would be out late regularly, with other people my age and older, and younger mind. Where do people go to take yokes these days with good music?

To my ballroom where my harem of young nubile beauties will rub your back and feed you vodka and melon ice cubes via French kissies and rub your back. They will whisper in your ear and hold your drink while you dance like an adolescent to sublime House beats whilst inhaling balloons filled with vicks vaporub and toke on ching ching till your brain fills up with so much dopamine you think you have died and arrived in heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Stewball wrote: »
    It's going to be awkward when you bump into your grand-kids some night.

funny enough the young crowed i know through my daughters think it's great to see older people in night clubs, sure if it feels good do it, ;):cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

I’m 30, was in da club the other night and while standing there with two g&t’s in hand in the middle of the dance floor, I had a flashback to a better time. The year is 2012 and I’m buzzing off people, having the best time ever, having chats, spoofing and just otherwise, loving life. One Direction What Makes you Beautiful playing following another Chris Brown belter. Life is good. But then I had a realization that life has moved on, felt so sad. Would do anything to go back to those days.

30 is a weird one, to me I don’t feel old but definitely feel I’m pushing on. Nobody really says to you anymore that ‘ah god sure aren’t you so young’. Drinking and going out is always a good buzz but it’s **** that can still enjoy something but just feel out of the loop. Looks like the future is a dank spot in the corner of some old man boozer. Welcome to adulthood.

One direction and Chris Brown and you think you were "clubbing" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Has to be the 3rd worst thread on boards....ever.

Advertisement