Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toddler stabbed to death in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Christ... so horrible. A young baby really, and meeting such a violent end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

R.I.P

Humanity is a sewer at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Christ what a brutal end for a baby...hard to contemplate. I do hope the child was not known to social workers as at risk etc. and not enough done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Awful, poor child. Happened very close to where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ZuM16

What can you say at news like this, poor kid, life gone before it had begun :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

When I read it first, I thought it must be in the US...

Not that it wouldn't be as tragic but its rare to see something like this on our shores. Such a horrible thing to read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

The poor little tot, kids at the toddler age are the cutest bundles of fun :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am at a loss for words really , an innocent little child :( R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

What the f*ck is wrong with people :(:(

Horrendous news!

That poor Kid.

A parents worst nightmare.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

I'm shocked

How could someone do that to a 3 year kid?

Not Human.

Fingers crossed who did it gets what's coming to them.

Low life scumbag f**king waster c**t prick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭Comhrá

A strong possibility the person responsible for the infant's death was mentally unwell? Just my first thought on this awful happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I can see it going one of two ways.

If the perp was a male he'll be pilloried and called evil and subhuman. If it was a female, it'll be mental illness that's at fault.

RIP to the little boy. Horrifying news, so fcuking sad.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Im not sure I want to know the details.

Poor kid.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Comhra wrote: »
    A strong possibility the person responsible for the infant's death was mentally unwell? Just my first thought on this awful happening

More than likely. The druggy single mother with the bad boyfriend is a scenario one hears far to often. Was watching an interview just yesterday with Judge Judy at the Oxford Union. She used to work in the family courts before she went on to do TV and it's sad that she states that her judgements only made a difference perhaps 10% of the time. Not enough social workers to go around and I'm sure it's the same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

According to the news on be3 both the child and the women were foreign nationals and she worked in a Dublin hospital!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Not a hope am I reading that. Poor little boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

AllForIt wrote: »
    More than likely. The druggy single mother with the bad boyfriend is a scenario one hears far to often.

They are Iranian, so unlikely.

RIP. Bad enough a child loses his life, but in such circumstances is just horrific.

Poor wee mite :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,021 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wouldn't normally say the death penalty works, but whoever did this doesn't deserve to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭spoonerhead

So sad, so close to where I live. There is this strange feeling in the area tonight, it's like nature and time has stoped. I'm shaken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Heartbreaking, I hope the mother is given all help possible,for what good it will do. Not really a time to be speculating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,463 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Gardaí not looking for anyone in relation to it makes it even more tragic, poor kid.

Gardaí not looking for anyone in relation to it makes it even more tragic, poor kid.

What does that mean? They have someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

They are Iranian, so unlikely.
    Opiate and painkiller abuse is very common in Iran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Omackeral wrote: »

If the perp was a male he'll be pilloried and called evil and subhuman. If it was a female, it'll be mental illness that's at fault.

Yeah, let's make this a gender thing :rolleyes: have some cop on for **** sake.

The mother presumably.

Klonker wrote: »

Well thirteen people so far seem to agree so far going by thanks of the post. In my opinion, in cases of infanticide fathers get a much worse rap from society than mothers do. If a mum does it she must have been mentally ill as it's beyond the pale for a mother to do that. Whereas with fathers it can go either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It's usually the other person in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

Well thirteen people so far seem to agree so far going by thanks of the post. In my opinion, in cases of infanticide fathers get a much worse rap from society than mothers do. If a mum does it she must have been mentally ill as it's beyond the pale for a mother to do that. Whereas with fathers it can go either way.

What a victory for you, well done.

Augeo wrote: »
    The mother presumably.
    Birneybau wrote: »
    It's usually the other person in the house

I read that the mum had injuries too. Maybe self inflicted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Klonker wrote: »
    No opportunity can be wasted to shoehorn that victimhood angle in.

F**king sad when there is a story like this, and the first thought is to get the gender stuff in.

sassyj wrote: »
    What a victory for you, well done.

Great input. Someone called out my point, I showed that it had some support. It's a discussion forum, either make a point or don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Can we just all agree it's a fcuking tragedy and we'll leave it at that. Gender, nationality, so the fcuk what. A poor 3 year old died violently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I haven't read the link and this will probably come across all wrong but sometimes when I hear something horrific has happened to a child I wonder what has been happening to them up to this point and the type of short little life they've actually endured.I'm far from a mother earth type but anyone who can inflict pain and suffering on a defenceless child be they man or woman should be treated in a very similar fashion imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

Great input. Someone called out my point, I showed that it had some support. It's a discussion forum, either make a point or don't.
    I was making a point, evidently one you entirely missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

This maybe a discussion forum, but I do not believe this topic should be discussed at this time, frankly I find it disgusting, offer condolences yes, but pinning the blame on mentally ill, foreign nationals or genders for thanks Ala omackeral is pathetic.

• Advertisement

sassyj wrote: »
    I was making a point, evidently one you entirely missed.

I must have. Give it to me one more time there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

A defenceless 3 year old. Mind numbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I must have. Give it to me one more time there.

So now this thread is about you, yeah?

AnneFrank wrote: »
    This maybe a discussion forum, but I do not believe this topic should be discussed at this time, frankly I find it disgusting, offer condolences yes, but pinning the blame on mentally ill, foreign nationals or genders for thanks Ala omackeral is pathetic.

How am I doing it for thanks though? I merely put forward an opinion and some people agreed with the sentiment. I subsequently referenced their agreement as validation for my point. What's pathetic about that exactly may I ask?

Vic_08 wrote: »
    So now this thread is about you, yeah?
    Apparently so. Poster said they made a point to me but I didn't see it. Asked them to give me it again. Have you a point to make on the topic at hand at all yourself?

• Advertisement

AnneFrank wrote: »

It's a discussion board, not a condolences board (what a strange concept anyway, e-condolences sent off into the ether, what possible purpose to that?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Alan Hawe was painted as mentally ill when he was nothing of the sort so play the other one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks mods for the quick work there.

January wrote: »
    Alan Hawe was painted as mentally ill when he was nothing of the sort so play the other one.

Anyone I spoke to about the Hawe case absolutely hammered him. He was called a coward, a brute, an abuser and rightly so. There was uproar from the majority of people on here too IIRC. It was only the local clergy and a couple of parish gombeens who tried to paint him in a positive light and they were called out on it by every single person I conversed with on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

How am I doing it for thanks though? I merely put forward an opinion and some people agreed with the sentiment. I subsequently referenced their agreement as validation for my point. What's pathetic about that exactly may I ask?

You are using the death of a child to score points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Anyone I spoke to about the Hawe case absolutely hammered him and rightly so. There was uproar from the majority of people on here too IIRC. It was only the local clergy and a couple of parish gombeens who tried to paint him in a positive light and they were called out on it by every single person I conversed with on the matter.

Loads of people here at the time and recently again when news of his grave being exhumed came about defended him and claimed only someone who was mentally ill could do such a thing. Fact is the majority of women who do kill their children are mentally ill. Postpartum psychosis is a very real illness that can go untreated for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Poor lil baby :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

major bill wrote:
    Poor lil baby

Poor kid. Innocent harmless little kid. Hell existed right there for that mite.

eviltwin wrote: »
    You are using the death of a child to score points.

Get a grip. How exactly am I scoring points? Explain that to me. Disgusting accusation.

Surely, for all we know,the kid might have been messing with the knife, cut his mother and inflicted fatal injuries on himself.

I don't mean that as a proposition, merely to say let's not rush to judge at all yet. At the moment, it's a horrific tragedy, let's hold off on the comments until more comes to light.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement