Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish runner legless

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Spent much of youth in Clones. The place used to bustling.

Went back recently and I couldn't believe what I seen. Boarded up shops and pubs and the place looked like a ghost town.

So in answer to your question, OP... I'd say there's a good chance a zombie eat it thinking it was real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I'll go with him for the 3 legged race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

What in the name of everything would you do with such a thing !!

And why !
    Hang it over the fire? Conversation starter if nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Legless in Clones.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

Stealing and probably destroying the property of a disabled person trying to make the best of life just for the sake of it.

Utterly mindless. I hope they give it back and the athlete makes the meet in Berlin next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Stealing and probably destroying the property of a disabled person trying to make the best of life just for the sake of it.

Utterly mindless. I hope they give it back and the athlete makes the meet in Berlin next week.

Sadly it's what a great many people see as their role in Irish society these days.

I see it...I want it...I take it.

I am entitled to it.

It would be interesting to see if the individual concerned in this theft can man up to it and accept responsibility for his/her fecklessness....but I doubt it.

Utterly Mindless it sure is,but that presupposes having a functioning Mind to begin with ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I don't understand how someone could do this. It is absolutely horrible.

I hope the guy gets his leg back and can compete in the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

I thought this was going to be about somebody running for the last 39 to Ballycoolin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

This is a bloody disgrace. Just saw it on the news. The poor man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

He is considering leaving the sport
    hopefully he won't and runs the race of his life to show that the soul is stronger than the thief

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/paralympic-athlete-is-considering-quitting-after-running-blade-is-stolen-31283611.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

shot put and discus throw

Advertisement