Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it more difficult to be friends with women than with men?

• 08-06-2015 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

I have always had a fairly equal amount of both women and men as friends. I have to say, though, that it's always been quite notably more difficult to maintain friendships with women for a number of reasons
    • As a man, when you have a disagreement with a woman, other women tend to automatically side with the woman regardless of the irrationality of it
    • As a man, if a woman argues with you and you argue back or defend yourself, there's a tendency to be labelled as aggressive for doing so. If it was a man, it'd just be seen as a regular argument.
    • Women tend to take offense to things that men wouldn't give a second thought, and that you meant no offense by
    • Women tend to overthink things that men don't give a second thought to.

The above is the story of my own experience, and the story of what I've witnessed in other male-female friendships too.

Is it more difficult to be friends with a woman than with a man?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

I disagree with you op, you on some mission?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

No not at all, I think its more difficult to remain very close friends with woman though if you don't put a bit more effort in, I can not see some of my male friends for years and we will instantly pick up where we left off even if we literally haven't talked in 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

I agree with RDM. With women friends you need to keep up with the times. With men, you just carry on where you left off.

Peace to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod: FFS
    That's all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement