Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor Incident

Options
  • 13-12-2019 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Hi just looking for some advice on a motor incident.

Yesterday whilst driving out of the city centre my car was struck on the corner of the rear bumper by a Tesco truck driver as he was turning right and I was going straight it caused a little bit of damage which we want to repair, I did follow him and when he came to a stop going about his work he apparently had no idea it happened, he did give me his details so am trying to make contact with the store as am guessing I would have to open a case directly with Tesco?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

1. Notify your insurers.
    2. Notify Tesco.
    3. Get an estimate for damage to your vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

Submit photos of damage to both Tesco and your insurer when you have the estimate

• Registered Users Posts: 28,503 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Be careful about rushing to claim off your own insurer. You may well be better off claiming directly off their insurer than off your own for a simple, uncomplicated matter like this, in terms of your future claims history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Am thinking also if Tesco would just cover the costs naturally say without having to make a claim off Insurance that could potentially put my premium up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Just get the details of Tesco's insurers, and then go through them. There's no need to claim from your insurance.

• Advertisement

Notified my Insurance company first and was advised by them not to do anything else until they Investigate and get back to me.

Appreciate the helpful advice guys, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Tesco would be self insured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Tesco would be self insured

Unlikely for motor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Truck as in articulated lorry or home delivery van? If it’s the former, I have a feeling that is fully outsourced to a logistics company.

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    Truck as in articulated lorry or home delivery van? If it’s the former, I have a feeling that is fully outsourced to a logistics company.

Oh yeah it was a home delivery van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

peteb2 wrote: »
    Unlikely for motor!

Multi billion company, not unlikely that they have their own fund in place. Either or, if no satisfactory solution is forthcoming one can still go down a more formal route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Multi billion company, not unlikely that they have their own fund in place. Either or, if no satisfactory solution is forthcoming one can still go down a more formal route.

Cmon now, no-one wants a lesson in captive insurance. For the liability yes, motor no. They'd have to have a captive, not a fund.

Advertisement