Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-mod?

Options
  • 01-07-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Put your name forward if you're interested in being co-mod.

All candidates are subject to admin approval.

A few of you have PM'd me so far, so I just want a list of who is interested - several great candidates so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

I'm very interested in being a co-mod of this forum. I completely lack moderation experience (although everybody has to start somewhere, I guess), but I feel I could make up for that with the intense interest I have for the type of forum that this is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

I think -JammyDodger- would make a good mod. He's already contributed a lot to the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Ian C

Probably too new around here to be considered, but if it helps...

Failing that, JammyDodger seems to be running a decent campaign! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

As much as I hate the biscuit, I think I'll keep the trend going and throw a +1 in for JammyDodger.

Although if Jammy is overlooked, Ron DMC appears to have modding experience and interest in the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd be up for it, the NDG is getting boring :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Co-mod? Qualifications? I'm already a coed.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I nominate Blue Lagoon, actually. ^^^ She often posts interesting links when debating something on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Thanks lads. Still interested but I reckon -JammyDodger- is actually a much better candidate for this forum. Seems a good bit more interested than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I think -JammyDodger- or Ron DMC would make good co-mods.

Whoever the new mod ends up being can we get the forum title updatd to Expand Your Horizons?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Whoever the new mod ends up being can we get the forum title updatd to Expand Your Horizons?

Yes, very good idea. It is a Forum Title after all. We'll need to get an admin to fix that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I'd be willing to put my name forward, there's prob bigger and better posters, but not come as honey nut good as a freshly picked Gillo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

\o.

ooooh, oooh, Pick me, pick me
    :D:D:D:D

but seriously tho, Jammy Dodger seems to be interested and has posted some decent links in this and other forums
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'll put my name forward, I'm online 14 or so hours a day and I'm fairly trustworthy. If there's a way to check how many spam posts I've reported then that will stand in my favour too I'm sure. :P
    I've a pretty big interest in this, love statistics etc., new information, science etc., so I'll probably be browsing this forum a helluva lot, since I don't have any subscriptions to periodicals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I pop my name in but if I'm too young/too much a fecking idiot then fair enough! JammyDodger in all fairness seems enthusiastic enough about the place! It should go to him by right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'll throw my hat into the ring for this. If the mod-tags I have already aren't proof I have an open mind, I don't know what is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I didn't even see that this had been approved, nice one!

I'd offer to do it but there seems to be a groundswell behind JD and he's been supportive so far, so why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Co-mod chosen, submitted to admins for approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Yes, very good idea. It is a Forum Title after all. We'll need to get an admin to fix that though.
    Have done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

-Jammydodger- is the new mod of the forum.

All hail! \o \o \o \o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oh that jammy dodger.

Thanks guys! I just signed in there after being away for the weekend to notice I was made mod... Pretty good suprise!

I'll try my best to do a good job, now to get use to all of these new buttons...

P.S. My thanks goes to everybody who recommended me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Nice one, good choice. Congrats and welcome JD. You do know that the newest Mod buys all the beer, right?

Buy the drinks? Yah, about that... I left my wallet, am... Somewhere that isn't here, so I can't do that... Sorry.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement