Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vehicle damage by Pothole

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

While the law is long settled on misfeasance/nonfeasance, there is a view that doctrine is outdated and should be challenged as has happened in England in recent years. It doesn't exist any more there and neither the State nor its emanations can evade liability for nonfeasance.

I would not like to guess when it might be abolished here but you would think the day will have to come.

Given the litigation prone society we have evolved into, and the Nr of pothole's in existence, can you just imagine the hiatus this would throw the court's into ???:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Happened my wife about 6 months ago, blew out the side of front left tyre. She sent council letter with evidence, details of where and when and the receipt for the €260 it cost for the tyre. She has been passed from pillar to post with long delays every time and still no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,649 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I have damage to the tune of 1500 euros to my car. I am not in a position right now to pay that much to get it fixed properly.
    That’s what your insurance policy is for. You can claim and they’ll cover it, if you repay them within a certain period they’ll remove the claim from your policy.

Advertisement