Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eviction process - unusual situation

Options
  • 13-12-2019 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭

lets just desist from making snide comments about my high risk venture if possible , the sum of money is small for a property and i took an attitude of allowing myself two years to get the place back .

i recently bought an apartment from a receiver , property was 25% cheaper than other units which sold in the past few years . 45% cheaper than some units

now the catch , there is someone living in the property and there is no registered tenancy or any history of one , i visited the property prior to the auction as there was no arranged viewing , knocked on the door but nobody answered , could see the tv was on in the living room - kitchen so knocked on the window and had a good peer in , place looked spotless , i had seen other apartments in the development before so know the layout of them .

so i could just visit the property again and hope that whoever lives there comes to the door but lets for a moment assume the worst and expect these people to go full squatter .

number one , if i start eviction proceedings , do i have to involve the RTB ?

ive spoken to the RTB and the first guy said i do as they are tenants with rights , i rang the day afterwards and was told if there is no tenancy and they are not paying rent , the RTB have no required involvement , i suspect the latter is the case myself ?

can i instead of going through an eviction process and all that entails beit in terms of resources of just time , just ring a locksmith to get me in , remove the possessions of whoever is there and change the locks ?

many will view this as a stone cold sh1t show but im not bothered with the challenge of dealing with this , i just want to know what steps to take , obviously there are countless solicitors out there who can advise me but thats money and even worse , time

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    many will view this as a stone cold sh1t show but im not bothered with the challenge of dealing with this , i just want to know what steps to take , obviously there are countless solicitors out there who can advise me but thats money and even worse , time
    You have a number of threads on the go where you're patently seeking legal advice. Do not start any more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement