Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-12-2012, 23:16   #31
castletownman

A lovely cheerful festive thread just in time for Christmas!
Advertisement
13-12-2012, 23:18   #32

Loads of freaky stuff has happened to me, but I'm pretty sure most of it can be put down to simply being pissed drunk.
13-12-2012, 23:18   #33
Tisserand

Back in October 1999 I went to Dublin Airport to collect my then boyfriend off a flight. I sat in arrivals constantly looking at the monitor and at people walking in from their flights. I glanced to my right and three or four seats up from me sat my father. He had died in May 1998. I was stunned and kept glancing back at him thinking it was maybe a man who looked like him but no it was definitely him, wearing his usual coat. I looked away again but when I looked back, he was gone. The only way he could have gotten out from where he was sitting was to get past me. And he didn't. This is a true story.
(127) thanks from:
3rdDegree, A.Partridge, Ally Dick, Aphex, Aspadeaspade, baba_bear, BanzaiBk, beauty101, Bobby Baccala, bockeys jollocks, certifiedcrepe, chillywilly, Chronic Button, CianRyan, ciarang85, Contessa Raven, curtisbrown, Cyrus T Buford, Da Shins Kelly, Dan Chipowski, Danzy, dartboardio, daysleeper, DazMarz, DeadlyH83, degrassinoel, dellas1979, dermot01G, diamondp, drdeadlift, Dtp1979, Duff, Duggys Housemate, Edgedinblue, EIREDriver, flanzer, Flutterby80, flutterflye, FoxyVixen, FueledbyCoffee, G1032, giant_midget, Ginny, Glowing, Guill, irishgirl19, irishgrover, Ironman76, Johngoose, Juicyfruit, JustAThought, Kablamo!, Kidchameleon, Koolhanger, kowloon, L'prof, Lady Spangles, ladypip, leahyl, Lisac220, LivelineDipso, lochlach, Lorrs33, Loughc, lukesmom, MacBizzle, Mam of 4, Maphisto, Mc Love, Merkin, Millicent, MomijiHime, Moneymaker, muff03, Nailz, Nerdlingr, New Home, newmug, nocoverart, norabattie, Oh hai, Pa2k, pablomakaveli, PaddyWilliams, paperclip2, Pawpad666, Pissy Missy, portron niner, prettyinpink, r3nu4l, Rachiee, Rasheed, Rfrip, Roisy7, Rory28, Rothko, Rubberlegs, sambuka41, Sar Bear, shamrock2004, Shinaynay, Shivers26, Smart Bug, steddyeddy, stinkle, Sunnyisland, tallaghtmick, tbh, TEMPLAR KNIGHT, TENHNY, themissymoo, tomwaterford, Toots, turbostan, VanishingActs, Vojera, Weathering, westernfrenzy, whatanidiot, Whispered, Wibbs, WoollyRedHat, yermandan, zef, zero19, ziggy23, _meehan_
13-12-2012, 23:21   #34

dr.gonzo you have absolutely freaked me out, regardless of them being true or false. Anyways, now I'm off to read the reddit threat and sh!t some bricks before not being able to sleep.
(5) thanks from:
13-12-2012, 23:21   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by some random drunk View Post
Some of these stories are pretty scary. Read at your own risk!
You absolute BASTARD!!!!
(179) thanks from:
086111, 123 LC, a fat guy, aaronjumper, abbyw1989, Alanhooly, allanb49, AndyBoBandy, AnnaSophia, Aurum, AvaKinder, awec, bb1234567, Bex91, BillyMitchel, Brendygg, browner85, brummytom, Capri86, catch.23, cbyrd, chillywilly, Contessa Raven, Cookie_Dough, cuana, Da Shins Kelly, Daftendirekt, Dair76, dave3004, DazMarz, decisions, degausserxo, Dercola, diamondp, Dinkie, DipStick McSwindler, DoesNotCompute, Dohnny Jepp, doriansmith, Doylers, dr gonzo, dryndantheman, Dtp1979, Duff, ed333, EmilioEstevez, e_e, Faith, fiestywonder, Fluorescence, Frisbee, FueledbyCoffee, Gadge, gagiteebo, gman127, goddevil, hairyfairy00, Hal1, Harps, herisson, HoggyRS, Hossbox, ibarelycare, irishgirl19, IrishZeus, ismiseuisce, IvyTheTerrible, John.Icy, Julius Seizure, kev_s88, Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime, Kovu, kowloon, ladypip, landsleaving, leahyl, Lima Golf, Lingua Franca, Lisac220, loalae, Lollipops23, Loughc, lukesmom, Luno, MacBizzle, major bill, mariebeth, mathproblem, Mc Love, McGrath5, metime, MickFleetwood, Millicent, Minera, MissD93, missguided, Moneymaker, monkeysnapper, Mr Blobby, muff03, Munstermad, murphk, murraykil, Nailz, narfsnonsense, nimrod86, northernpower, O-Deazy, Odysseus, okioffice84, ordinary_girl, Pa2k, Pacly, PaddyWilliams, passive, PC CDROM, peekachoo, Pierce_1991, Pissy Missy, plmko, Posy, Precious flower, Queen-Mise, QueenOfLeon, R00ster, Rasheed, Rory28, RoyalMarine, ScumLord, shane9689, Shelflife, Shinaynay, sixpack's little hat, skirtgirl, Sleepy, Slow Show, Soby, sonas93, starling, steddyeddy, stevek93, steveLFC24, Stompbox, Storm 10, stringofmisery, Sunnyisland, tallaghtmick, Tasden, TashaMonster, Teyla Emmagan, The Big Red Button, TheBegotten, Thefirestarter, theRB, TheUsual, the_syco, Thoie, Toots, Truley, Uinseann_16, upstairs for coffee, VanishingActs, vetinari, Vojera, washiskin, wendell borton, wes, westernfrenzy, Westeros, westies4ever, What are those?, whatanidiot, whitewave, Wibbs, wilkie2006, XxMCRxBabyxX, Zombienosh, _meehan_, _whiskers
Advertisement
13-12-2012, 23:22   #36
monkeysnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisserand View Post
Back in October 1999 I went to Dublin Airport to collect my then boyfriend off a flight. I sat in arrivals constantly looking at the monitor and at people walking in from their flights. I glanced to my right and three or four seats up from me sat my father. He had died in May 1998. I was stunned and kept glancing back at him thinking it was maybe a man who looked like him but no it was definitely him, wearing his usual coat. I looked away again but when I looked back, he was gone. The only way he could have gotten out from where he was sitting was to get past me. And he didn't. This is a true story.
Do you wish you went over to him and talked to him without loosing eye contact
13-12-2012, 23:22   #37
Ann22

Quote:
Nearly had a heart attack
13-12-2012, 23:25   #38
monkeysnapper

Quote:
Somebody's gona get hurt tonight . Really bad . Your a very bad person
(2) thanks from:
13-12-2012, 23:28   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann22 View Post
Nearly had a heart attack
And me just after finishing me hot milk and honey. I'll be jaysis wide awake now!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-12-2012, 23:32   #40
Jimoslimos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbh View Post
It's not an ideal trait to have, I have to admit. It's not narcolepsy in that I don't pass out but it seems like when I experience stress my body gets flooded with sleep hormones. Wedding day was difficult!
Though on the flip side should you ever encounter a wild bear in the woods you'll be grand!
13-12-2012, 23:34   #41
dr gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by castletownman View Post
A lovely cheerful festive thread just in time for Christmas!
I've always had a problem mixing up my holidays!
Thanks from:
13-12-2012, 23:35   #42
Candie

Quote:
That's very mean! Made me cry .
13-12-2012, 23:35   #43
Moll'll fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysnapper View Post
Do you wish you went over to him and talked to him without loosing eye contact
There was still a bit of me thinking it was another man and that I would be making a fool of myself. But when he disappeared without explanation, I knew it definitely was him.
13-12-2012, 23:40   #44
monkeysnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moll'll fix it View Post
There was still a bit of me thinking it was another man and that I would be making a fool of myself. But when he disappeared without explanation, I knew it definitely was him.
Makes you wonder.. Was you supposed to see him or is he there a lot and you just don't see him, do you find yourself now looking around a lot in public places?
(3) thanks from:
13-12-2012, 23:42   #45
Aciiiiiiiiiiid

ONE TIME I WAS HITCHING FOR A LIFT HOME AT NIGHT AND A CAR PULLED IN ABOUT 10 FEET AHEAD THEN I WALKED UP AND OPENED THE PASSENGER DOOR AND THERE WAS A SKELETON DRIVING THE CAR
(387) thanks from:
A Brad Maddox Guy, a fat guy, A.Partridge, a0ifee, aaronjumper, acidskiffle, akura, allanb49, alleystar, Ally7, aN.Droid, Andre 3000, ANDREWMUFC, Anesthetize, AnnaSophia, anncoates, Anonymou, Arlessienne, artanevilla, AssaultedPeanut, Audit4Lyf, Aurum, Awake&Unafraid, Barry Barry, baz2009, bb1234567, Big Knox, bigbudda, BK92, blue-army, bluewolf, bluto63, bm1993, Bobby Baccala, bodhrandude, bogwalrus, bohsboy, BOHtox, boneyarsebogman, breakfasttime, brummytom, budgese, byte, callaway92, campo, Canard, Capri86, CaptainInsano, CB19Kevo, Celly Smunt, certifiedcrepe, Chareth Cutestory, cherryghost, Chittle, Christ the Redeemer, Chronic Button, Ciano35, CianRyan, ciarang85, CiaranMT, Cienciano, citrus burst, CLARiiON, Cody Pomeray, Coffeeteasugar, ColeTrain, Copper_pipe, Cravez, cristoir, CYHSN, czechlin, c_man, D.Q, Da Shins Kelly, DA7800, Daftendirekt, DainBramage, Dair76, Dan133269, Dancor, DarkJager, dartboardio, Das Kitty, Davarus Walrus, daysleeper, DazMarz, DeadHand, DeadlyH83, degausserxo, Deisler, Delirium, Derrydoc, dipdip, DM addict, dmn22, Doctor Strange, DoesNotCompute, Dolbert, doriansmith, Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, dr.bollocko, DubDJ, Duff, Duffy the Vampire Slayer, Duggy747, Eboggles, EDDIE WATERS, EdenHazard, ElvisChrist6, emersyn, EmilyHoward, endacl, Ericaa, Essien, Eve_Dublin, e_e, face1990, failinis, FanadMan, Feelgood, Fiend-Foe, flas, fluke, fonpokno, forgotten password, Fox_In_Socks, Frada, Frigating, front to_the_back 88, frozenfrozen, FURET, G.K., Gamayun, Gasherbraun, genericguy, ghostchant, giant_midget, GLaDOS, Glico Man, GoAheadCaller, Gotham, Griffin87, grimm2005, GTDolanator, Gwen Cooper, HalloweenJack, Harps, HazDanz, hefferboi, Herb Powell, hidinginthebush, HoggyRS, hoodwinked, Hotfail.com, HowAreWe, Hulk Hands, hullaballoo, Icarus Wings, Ice Storm, Immaculate Pasta, irishgirl19, ivytwine, jazz101, jd007, jebuz, Jen Pigs Fly, Jijsaw, jimgoose, Johro, Jude13, Juicyfruit, Junkyard Tom, Just Like Heaven, Kablamo!, Kaizersoze81, kaki, KamiKazeKitten, Karl Stein, keith16, kevc2, Kidchameleon, Kikin, King of the Eyesores, kingcobra, Knex., Koolhanger, kowloon, KungPao, Kur4mA, Lady Spangles, LAZYIRISH, leddpipe, Legs.Eleven, Lia_lia, LiffeyValleyB, Lingua Franca, LivelineDipso, Local-womanizer, Lollipops23, lorweld, Luap, LuckyLloyd, lukesmom, Lyrical, MacBizzle, MagicIRL, MajesticDonkey, Manzoor14, Mark Rippetoe, MaroonAndGreen, MarthaMyDear, massdebater, mathie, MauraTheThird, maximoose, Maximus Alexander, metime, MikeC101, MillField, Millicent, MomijiHime, Moneymaker, Monsieur Folie, moochers, Morpork, Mountainlad, Mousewar, movingsucks, Mr. Guappa, Mr. Rager, mud, muff03, munster87, murpho999, murray.eoghan, my my my, Namlub, Naos, NegativeCreep, Nerdlingr, nervous_twitch, newbee22, Neyite, NicoleL88, NightOfTheHunt, noodler, Noopti, norwegianwood, o1s1n, Oh hai, Oisinjm, Ol' Donie, omahaid, Paddy Cow, pajero12, PandaX9, partyjungle, Pawpad666, peekachoo, Penn, phasers, PhlegmyMoses, Pierce_1991, pokethebear, Pompey Magnus, Poor Uncle Tom, PopePalpatine, portron niner, Posy, Praetorian Saighdiuir, PressRun, Pro. F, PseudoFamous, Pudsy33, quad_red, R00ster, rab!dmonkey, Raic, Rasheed, redtapestyl, Reiver, Rob094, RobbingBandit, Robbo, Ronburgondy11, Rory28, RoyalMarine, rxan90, Samaris, Scar Tissue, Scarinae, Schism, Seachmall, SecretsOfEarth, Seedy Arling, Sergeant, shamrock2004, Shane-KornSpace, Shane.C, Shankly Gates, Shannon757, Shinaynay, Shoesdayschild, shrewdness, sidneykidney, silvervixen84, SimonTheITGuy, sinead88, Sir Gallagher, Skylinehead, Slow Show, SnakePlissken, snaphook, snickerpuss, soccymonster, Sofaspud, Sound of Silence, soyawhatsup, SpaceFlunky, spiralism, spitfireIRL, splendid101, spookmaster, Stavro Mueller, steddyeddy, steveLFC24, StevieNicksFan, stinkle, Stompbox, StupidLikeAFox, sugarman, suicide_circus, Sulla Felix, Sunnyisland, tacofries, TadhgL16, Talib Fiasco, Tasden, Tea-a-Maria, TembaWidearm, TEMPLAR KNIGHT, TerrorFirmer, The Backwards Man, The Diabolical Monocle, The King of Moo, The Maverick, The Zec, TheBegotten, thebostoncrab, TheMilkyPirate, theRB, TheTorment, The_Dazzler, TimeToShine, Timmyctc, timmyntc, tomwaterford, toodleytoo, Toots, Totofan99, Turtwig, Umekichi, Unearthly, Valentina, VanishingActs, VenomousFish, vitani, Vito Corleone, Vojera, Vyse, Wailin, we'llallhavetea, westernfrenzy, Westernyelp, Whatsisname, whiskeyman, WindSock, WoollyRedHat, xploderz, XR3i, yermandan, Yillan, zef, zero19, Zillah, _meehan_, _whiskers

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion