Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Movember die?

Options
  • 10-11-2018 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭

It was a regular for a few years, then I suppose the hipsters killed it as so many people already had a face full of hair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

NIMAN wrote: »
    It was a regular for a few years, then I suppose the hipsters killed it as so many people already had a face full of hair.

I was half considering it myself, but the date passed and just forgot about it.

Possibly the employers should come out and support this good cause, and remove the doubt from employees minds, whether or not so this or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭iioklo

I've hear of a a new one this year there calling it 'Decembeard'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Loads of us have beards nowadays. It's kinda hard to grow a moustache when you already have one as part of a beard. Having facial hair was a bit more unusual when Movember first launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

we apparently it's "No Nut November" now

couldn't do it I loves me pistachios

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

EdgeCase wrote: »
    Loads of us have beards nowadays. It's kinda hard to grow a moustache when you already have one as part of a beard. Having facial hair was a bit more unusual when Movember first launched.

Yeah, to be fair when Movember was launched, there was a lot less hipsters about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

thegolfer wrote: »
    I was half considering it myself, but the date passed and just forgot about it.

Possibly the employers should come out and support this good cause, and remove the doubt from employees minds, whether or not so this or not.

Employers are not really interested unless it fits into the diversity agenda they are pushing hard . In terms of causes employers support I would say male health concerns and charities are bottom of the ladder

Advertisement