Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consoles/peripherals you've never owned?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Something Ive always wanted to try out but never got around to buying one, the negcon controler.

Anyone here ever use it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Kolido wrote: »
    Something Ive always wanted to try out but never got around to buying one, the negcon controler.

Anyone here ever use it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeGcon

Ya got one of those along with a few other novelty controllers, its fine once you get used to it but only a few games really support it.

Miles better then the Jogcon !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

NeGcon are the work of the gods, an amazing answer to the need for analogue steering and buttons but in a very compact form factor.
    And it's pretty robust, though I believe the resistance in them can degrade over time.

That Jogcon though, just awful.
    Got mine at the same time as Ridge Racer Type 4, I never liked that game and I think it was the thumb killing, cramp inducing Namco controller that did it, killing my enthusiasm, though my devotion towards Rage Racer might have also been a component, that game was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Pretty will had nearly every console going at some stage...

Never had a Nintendo Virtual Boy.....
    ZX80
    Sam Coupe
    Atari 800 computer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Stoner wrote: »
    Have you a ZX81

I left that out. I want a ZX81

A terrible looking yoke, with terrible games, but I still want one for some reason.

Dirt cheap to buy, less than twenty quid, around a tenner for 16k rampack, or you could get the Zxpand with all the bells and whistles including sound for around 60 euro. Or the chroma interface for colour games.

There are some very playable games for the zx81 now. Dr. Beep works wonders with 1k, and there's even a very playable zx81 version of jetpac.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I had most of the things I ever wanted but I never did get around to getting the Steel Battalion massive joystick.

0927092AF8AFB891B7F4D34A6B2417E00A6CEFF0

• Registered Users Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I had most of the things I ever wanted but I never did get around to getting the Steel Battalion massive joystick.

Mine lived in the attic until I sold it off as I didnt have the required house extension to keep it in :eek:

Don't think I ever got farther than level 4 or 5. It's a very punishing game. Great fun though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have it, it's awesome, but only gets played every couple of years or so and I suck at it...
    Same as O1s I only ever made it a couple of levels in before I was obliterated, and that doesn't include the times I could have survived but had forgotten to press the eject button.
    Despite the number of buttons on offer, each seeking your finger to press them, the eject button is easy, as large and friendly letter are telling you to eject and the eject button is actually flashing red at this point.
    Despite these not-insignificant indicators I still didn't press it in time and snap, like Thanos' fingers, you are ghosted and your character file wiped as KIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Skerries wrote: »
    have you got a Sam Coupé?

I'd love to get one but there quite expensive on ebay. think they go for around 600...700 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Back at the time I would have liked a computer with a cassette like a Commodore or a Spectrum. The opportunity for piracy always interested me!

I have never even seen a Neo Geo AES in the flesh. Bought a few issues of EGM in the 90s and couldn't believe the games on that system, the arcade at home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've never had a Saturn , Dreamcast or a Gamecube sadly

Would still love to own all 3

Never owned a Master System or Game Gear either and it's weird because my 1st 16 bit system was a Mega Drive and it gave me some of my favorite gaming moments mad that I've never owned any of the other Sega Machines

I've never had a Saturn , Dreamcast or a Gamecube sadly

Would still love to own all 3

Never owned a Master System or Game Gear either and it's weird because my 1st 16 bit system was a Mega Drive and it gave me some of my favorite gaming moments mad that I've never owned any of the other Sega Machines

I have to say, for the price of a couple of current releases you would own all of those consoles, with a couple of controllers and games.
    They have maintained affordable prices and can be found on Adverts easily.
    Dreamcast
    Gamecube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I was never into the nintendo stuff(I was a Sega/PC nut during the 90's early 2000's) so would have liked to have a go at the N64 or the Gamecube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I owned a Caanoo from the same company but I always liked the look of the GP2X Linux handheld. Wouldn't be worth getting one now
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X

I also always wanted a Pandora but missed the boat on them and the successor device is more expensive and looks more geared towards linux enthusiasts as opposed to gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭geotrig

I always wanted a Neo Geo when I was younger but they were about 5 times the price of a regular 16 bit console and games were 70 pounds at the time which was crazy money.

Thank god for emulators today :)

70 pounds ! I don't think you have that right multiply that a few times and it makes sense ! snes games seemed where about 60 quid back then.

had to wait till early 2000's to get a ng

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭geotrig

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've never used a Snes Super Scope. Never even seen one in person. I've heard they're a pile of crap but they still hold this weird mystical thing to me where my only real connection to them is seeing the ad on TV when I was a kid.

I never owned one but when i bought my snes i had placed m despoit on the super scope snes version but changed it to the sf2 version when i saw that was being released. My parents paid it off as i couldnt afford to pay the rest that was owed.:pac: so never bought a superscope then afterwards

I missed one on Adverts recently for €30, very annoyed with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

megaten wrote: »
    I owned a Caanoo from the same company but I always liked the look of the GP2X Linux handheld. Wouldn't be worth getting one now
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X

I also always wanted a Pandora but missed the boat on them and the successor device is more expensive and looks more geared towards linux enthusiasts as opposed to gaming.

Have a GP32 and a GP2X somewhere in a box still. They never quite lived up to the promise and the emulation - SNES in particular - was always about making sacrifices to get the games to be playable.

I remember around the same time I got the GP32 really wanting a Tapwave Zodiac but not being able to afford it.

Advertisement