Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living in crumlin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Idonotknow

Hi sorry to be opening this up again but seems to be a good thread for info!

Considering buying on Clonmacnoise road, what is it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Idonotknow wrote: »

My mate recently had his bin robbed on Clonmacnoise... Aside from that I don't think they've had much issues in the year since they bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Idonotknow wrote: »
    Hi sorry to be opening this up again but seems to be a good thread for info!

You've got privacy to the front facing the roundabout.
    Keep you green bin in in the week leading up to Halloween

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Clonmacnoise Rd is generally fine. You'll have a lot of kids hanging out on the green and outside the shops at the Sundrive Rd end. But there's rarely any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭CodeJACK

Im considering moving to Crumlin as I found a house there that I like. Any current opinions of Windmill Road towards the Crumlin Road end?

Are the bus routes on Crumlin Road, heading in to town, a nightmare in the morning during rush hour?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

They're not too bad. Once you're over the bridge into Dolphins Barn there's a decent bus lane as far as Patricks Cathedral. There's lots of buses so you'll never be waiting long.

If I get the bus home from the IFSC the 151 gets to the Windmill Rd junction in about 35 minutes at rush hour.

The worst part is probably at the end of Dean St coming onto the Coombe just before St. Patrick's Catheter - can be a nightmare in the morning with the two lanes merging into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

just before St. Patrick's Catheter -

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

:pac:

*crosses legs*

Gotta love auto-correct on your phone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 REDSOCKS22

Hi sorry for opening up this thread! I am looking to buy in Crumlin in Cashel Road Kildare road or Bangor road and I would like people’s honest opinions of whether it’s a good idea based on their experience online Crumlin has mixed reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SOL28

I bought and moved into Kildare Road (Sundrive end) 18 Months ago, and have really settled in - no hassle so far. And I was a bit nervous at the start after moving from D6 and D4 to D12. I actually really like where I live - its handy for town, M50 and even a bus over towards Rathmines/Ranelgh and Sandymount if i need to visit friends there for a night out.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have always lived in Dublin 6 or Dublin 6W so I am slightly nervous but it has really good accessibility and nice property.

Best bet with anywhere... driving around the area in the evenings/nights and at weekends. You probably won't see much tbh, but would put your mind at ease.

I did that alright but as you said not a whole pile to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Bought on Clogher Road near Sundrive Road almost 2 years ago. Love it here. No issues. Also moved from D6 myself.

Echoing above, great for access to town and buses over to Rathmines etc. are handy.

REDSOCKS22 wrote: »
    I did that alright but as you said not a whole pile to see!

You won't really, the grassy roundabouts and that is where the flock too. Outside Tesco in Crumlin Village, places like that. The two colleges on Clogher Rd. Crumlins gone very quiet since I used to work in the Ashleaf - used to be a warzone with kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

This is a great thread... Thoughts on the Captains Road area? I know it has... some historical associations, but what's it like now?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Moving to Derry Road next month ..... how’s the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭J Cheevor Loophole

This is a great thread... Thoughts on the Captains Road area? I know it has... some historical associations, but what's it like now?
    Moving to Derry Road next month ..... how’s the area?
    As a former inmate in Crumlin, its great to see the area evolve. It has changed big time since I grew there and driving through it now is almost surreal compared to my memory of it. It will have issues like most areas and there are only two roads left now, in my opinion, that are still in the early evolution ( not mentioned on this thread ) But make no mistake there's no turning back now, its a fine place to be moving to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭holliehobbie

I live very near Crumlin and I'm just curious to know what two roads are still evolving?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭J Cheevor Loophole

Aha.. someone bit. Not a chance of me divulging that. There's plenty of fine people on both roads and I'll keep it to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ngoc

You really need to ask about roads rather than the area itself. From one road to another and from one end of the road can be night and day in crumlin. Mostly it is a great are and you will never have an issue. There are some parts were you will never have a minutes peace from scumbags and their offspring. Get a couple of wrong family beside you with 3 generations of trouble and it can ruin a house and road. Can happen anywhere but there are certain addresses to avoid.

Any ideas on Lismore road? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paulkeno

I live on Lismore road and it’s quiet. I would say most of the houses are private at this stage. Haven’t seen any sort of issues in a couple of years to be honest. I live on the road end, could do with a bit of a clean and a few trees but as for the residents most of them are nice and friendly. Lots of young couples as the houses are more affordable than other areas and the back gardens are big enough to extend if needed. The field end can have a few issues around Halloween woth bon fires but outside that I haven’t heard any other trouble. It’s a two minute walk to Sundrive park which is lovely. Has decent football team, athletics club and cycling club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

The place could look so much better. Just plant some Trees. It is quite dismal and gray, could really do with some public and front garden planting. This would transform the place, not to mention the environmental benefits. Mindset is just not there and Dublin City CoCouncil are USELESS.

Chinasea wrote: »
    The place could look so much better. Just plant some Trees. It is quite dismal and gray, could really do with some public and front garden planting. This would transform the place, not to mention the environmental benefits. Mindset is just not there and Dublin City CoCouncil are USELESS.

All well and good saying plant tress.... they need to maintain them! I live in Dublin 8 and had to saw branches off the tree outside our house as it was scratching the roofs of our car and neighbours due to how low hanging and overgrown it was! I'd say it was logged to DCC 3 or 4 times over a 6 month period....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Chinasea wrote: »

I think they need to look at a total landscaping rework for the area. It could look really good if there was more trees and the big grass areas were transformed. It has a lot of space for cycle lanes also, could be a good route to parts of town from many areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Does anyone know what it would be like living just around the village? Looking at some of the houses right by the Post Office.

phunks wrote: »
    Does anyone know what it would be like living just around the village? Looking at some of the houses right by the Post Office.

Never seen anything going on around there... the garda station nearby probably steers them clear. Usually a few kids hanging around Tesco that's about it.

• Advertisement

paulkeno wrote: »
    I live on Lismore road and it’s quiet. I would say most of the houses are private at this stage. Haven’t seen any sort of issues in a couple of years to be honest. I live on the road end, could do with a bit of a clean and a few trees but as for the residents most of them are nice and friendly. Lots of young couples as the houses are more affordable than other areas and the back gardens are big enough to extend if needed. The field end can have a few issues around Halloween woth bon fires but outside that I haven’t heard any other trouble. It’s a two minute walk to Sundrive park which is lovely. Has decent football team, athletics club and cycling club.

So you live near Sundrive road then, what’s that like? I have driven around there loads and seems fine!?

Advertisement