Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweating like a mother.......

Options
  • 26-10-2018 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

These days I find myself sweating a fair bit under the arms.

I'd normally wear a tee under work shirts for kind of barrier. But goes through them. To the extent by the end of the day they are stiff by the end of the day if you get me.

I've used Sure and Nivea anti perspirant but nothing stops. Is the anti perspirant causing the hardness?

All thoughts welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Are you using a deodorant stick or a spray?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Try a stronger anti perspirant like Mitchum. Can be bought in pharmacies.

Also, if it's a sudden change, might be no harm to have a chat to your GP about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

Nivea roll on, you’ll be a new man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Try a vest rather than a t-shirt, the t-shirt might be making you sweat more plus using vest will let the sweat evaporate quicker.
    On another note I wash under my arms with an antibacterial hadwash this kills the bacteria that cause bo lasts a good 14 hours and eradicates all yellow staining from white shirts ,
    A little deodorant for nice smell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Driclor, available in most pharmacies. Nuclear strength anti perspirant. It'll hurt like a mother****er the first few times but if that don't work, nothing will. Once you're used to it, it only needs to be used every few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

nikkibikki wrote:
    Also, if it's a sudden change, might be no harm to have a chat to your GP about it.

Nope. Going on a while. Just really annoying me at the moment.

Passenger wrote:
    Are you using a deodorant stick or a spray?

Spray

icanmunch wrote:
    Nivea roll on, you’ll be a new man

Do they really work ?

ZX7R wrote:
    Try a vest rather than a t-shirt, the t-shirt might be making you sweat more plus using vest will let the sweat evaporate quicker. On another note I wash under my arms with an antibacterial hadwash this kills the bacteria that cause bo lasts a good 14 hours and eradicates all yellow staining from white shirts , A little deodorant for nice smell

Happens the same with a t shirt at the weekend say if I'm just going about my business .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You need to find the root cause. I find if I drink a lot of caffine I sweat a lot especially my feet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I've used Mitchum 24 Hour Sport for years and never have an issue.

just need to make sure it dries a bit before putting clothes on so you dont get white stuff on your clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

This used to be a real problem for me, I would literally have two lakes under my pits, nothing worked until I found Drysol, it took a few months of applying every couple of days, but I'd say I haven't sweat under my arms for 10 years or more.
    This stuff works by actually closing the sweat pores.

One word of caution with any of this stuff mentioned in this thread, do not put it on after a shower and put a small dab on first and wait 10 minutes.
    These things can burn and really really hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

GreeBo wrote: »
    I've used Mitchum 24 Hour Sport for years and never have an issue.

just need to make sure it dries a bit before putting clothes on so you dont get white stuff on your clothes.

It's Great stuff

Learned the hard way about letting it dry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Roll-ons make you feel like you're sweating whether you are or not. Grease under your arms.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Roll-ons make you feel like you're sweating whether you are or not. Grease under your arms.

only for about 5 mins....unless you are over applying...two swipes is all you need.

Something else that while wont necessarily help with sweating will certainly help with any odours, trim your under arm hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

GreeBo wrote: »
    Something else that while wont necessarily help with sweating will certainly help with any odours, trim your under arm hair.

That goes without saying

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Anhydrol Forte is suppose to be a good one, a doctor told me that athletes use it when running

That goes without saying

I reckon you'd be surprised...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think if someone suffers from excessive sweating then a trip to the GP might be necessary if deodorants are not helping.

• Advertisement

noble00 wrote: »
    Anhydrol Forte is suppose to be a good one

Does he play for Juventus or Milan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I find if I finish my shower with a blast of cold it helps a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

does fitness play a part? less fit more likely to sweat doing routine stuff?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote:
    does fitness play a part? less fit more likely to sweat doing routine stuff?

Not for me. I run about 30k a week. And probably sweat more under the arms just driving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Do you drink much coffee throughout the day?...

Just asking because, I find caffeine makes me sweat under the arms a lot more, I switched to decaf before for a few months to test it out and the sweating was massively reduced...

ike wrote:
    Do you drink much coffee throughout the day?...

Nope. Not a fella for hot drinks. Water all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

Snotty wrote: »
    Drysol ..... This stuff works by actually closing the sweat pores.

:confused: Can that be healthy? Kind of smacks of solving bad breath with a tight ligature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

To sort the work shirt issue buy one or two of these. You'll still sweat but nothing will get through to the shirt. They last about 2 years when washed weekly and they work 100%.

https://thompsontee.com/men.html/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

peteb2 wrote: »
    Not for me. I run about 30k a week. And probably sweat more under the arms just driving!!

I'm in the same boat.

In fact I believe that someone who is fit can often be much more likely to begin sweating than someone who is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

noble00 wrote: »
    Anhydrol Forte is suppose to be a good one, a doctor told me that athletes use it when running

Is that the stuff the GP used to give my uncle for the soles of his feet?

Advertisement