Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% off Philips Airfryer on Amazon

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

doylefe wrote: »
    Saw the Tower one in home store and more. Chintzy as ****.

Might as well spend 50 instead of 150 for worthless tat.

I'll give ya €50 for the Philips one you don't want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

OmegaGene wrote: »
    My regular sized air fryer died yesterday after giving the beast a thorough clean it won’t turn in sadly, when I plug it in the lights flash and that’s it.
    Ordered the xl from amazon for €157 which isn’t as cheap as it was last week but I won’t complain.

How long you have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

About 4 years now, used it every day for the last 3 years it was a beast of a machine and the poor old cooker didn’t get any attention apart from Christmas, I got my money’s worth out of it

Would you mind posting a few ideas of what to cook in it here or in the thread in food section ?
    Oh yeah forgot to say
    Mine came LOL
    So the courier didn't lose it..........they were just lying

Ramekin coated with spray oil or butter and filled with mini omelettes or just a regular egg with a couple of slices of bacon alongside for an easy breakfast.
    Full chicken under 1kg in my regular one cooked at 185* we’re nicely cooked after 50 minutes
    1kg joints of smoked or unsmoked bacon same temp for roughly the same length of time, perfect for slicing for sandwhiches works out cheaper and much better than packet or deli ham
    Sirloin and fillet steak come out very well, I was cooking for a few minutes on 170* and then 200* depending on the size and how you like steak.
    Chips roast potatoes and jacket potatoes are great, i normally steam for a while then pat dry and use a spray oil (not on the jacket) before cooking.
    Pork and lamb chops are divine
    Homemade breaded chicken fillets and tenders come out well
    Salmon fillets also come out nice but make a little tray from foil to keep the juices from dripping down
    It’s all trial and error really and took me a while to get adventurous with it, I initially bought it just for healthy chips
    Have fun and don’t be shy to try new things

Thanks for that I'll be trying either lamb chops or rack of lamb tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭delboy76

Philips HD9240/90 Avance Collection Airfryer, 2100 W - Extra-Large £140 again on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9240-90-Collection-Airfryer/dp/B00BS97UUA?ref=pd_h0_t&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&ref_=pe_3133701_272514541

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It’s been that price a while, I picked one up last week after my regular sized one packed up, very pleased with the upgrade and it’s well worth the money
    The build quality is far better on the xl

Dam you OG. .....

You're after persuading me to buy one.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Dam you OG. .....

You're after persuading me to buy one.:o

You won't be sorry, you'll never fry a sausage or a rasher again.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

You won't be sorry, you'll never fry a sausage or a rasher again.

Agreed, only thing is you have to wash after every use, otherwise the basket will go to sh Ask me how I know!
    In relation to build quality, I think the 9230 is more robust. That said, both together are superb. 2yrs down the road, both used every day, and still going strong. Oven is redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Aldi kitchen degreaser in orange spray bottle does a great job keeping it clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

dodzy wrote: »
    Agreed, only thing is you have to wash after every use, otherwise the basket will go to sh Ask me how I know!
    In relation to build quality, I think the 9230 is more robust. That said, both together are superb. 2yrs down the road, both used every day, and still going strong. Oven is redundant.

I use a piece of tinfoil in the base every time with the corners folded in to help save on amount of cleaning but yeah it's vital to clean the basket and the sooner after use the better.

It's no big deal though, just put it in the dishwasher after a quick scrub.

An awful lot easier and more pleasant than having to clean a frying pan.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0716DH5NP
    Free airfryer kindle cookbook on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Gone up to £192 today, had just transferred money to my Revolut card to buy it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I've seen two different Air Fryers in Lidl in the past couple of weeks, I think there was one for €25 and one for €50 - are they worth trying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I see the Power Airfryer 5 litre is reduced to £100 on Amazon, gets very good reviews.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Fryer-High-Street-TV/dp/B073QVBHSZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1534584875&sr=8-2&keywords=power+5+litre+air+fryer

Anybody any experience of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Used dealz cheap oven cleaner which comes with a bag....after two years of rigorous use.

Removed basket net and also cleaned the bucket...results attached.

Now use a tin foil at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I see the Power Airfryer 5 litre is reduced to £100 on Amazon, gets very good reviews.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Fryer-High-Street-TV/dp/B073QVBHSZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1534584875&sr=8-2&keywords=power+5+litre+air+fryer

Anybody any experience of these?
    that is a great price. I was saying if mine broke I would get that as a replacement. I saw lots of posters on US sites had them and are happy with them.

A large one would allow me do larger whole chickens, and bigger pizzas, and I guess if doing small amounts of chips they could be spaced out more and not require shaking, or less shaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Used dealz cheap oven cleaner which comes with a bag....after two years of rigorous use.

Thats nice, the holes in mine are starting to slowly fill in with indestructible black crap it gets so much use in our house, nothing will shift it.

Oh tin foil under the basket .......is that safe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

km79 wrote: »
    Oh tin foil under the basket .......is that safe ?

Why wouldn't it be? I do the same. Makes the clean up a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

I know it goes against the grain of BA but..... for those who have baskets which are beyond saving, you could get the replacements directly from the supplier. Not dirt cheap, but for something that many will use every day, not a bank breaker either.

The XL is £27.99
    The standard is £18.49

(plus shipping also)

https://www.philips.co.uk/shop/search/searchAccessories/?text=HD9240+basket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FDave

amazon.co.uk/Princess-182050-Digital-Aerofryer-5-2l/dp/B0741D7LRD/ref=gbps_img_m-5_9e07_cf0b0a1a?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=cde8b36e-5a28-44a1-adb9-7bf4b0d39e07&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=11065645031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=H8D5RJ97T2MM01MSFVG9

£64.99 on amazon bank holiday sale. One review mentionesmits better than the tower air fryer but reviews are jjst above average.

Advertisement