Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens world cup bid 2017

Options
  • 02-03-2015 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting we've bid for the women's world cup in 2017. The bid apparently will play all the pool games in UCD. Then the knockouts in Queens and the final in Kingspan.

I wonder what pitches in UCD they will use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

errlloyd wrote: »
    Interesting we've bid for the women's world cup in 2017. The bid apparently will play all the pool games in UCD. Then the knockouts in Queens and the final in Kingspan.

I wonder what pitches in UCD they will use.

The bowl and Thornfield I would presume. There's an all weather too but its not great IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

Whe I read the headline about this yesterday I was excited but then I saw that there wont be games down this neck of the woods.

Stilll great that we might get to host them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

errlloyd wrote: »
    The bid apparently will play all the pool games in UCD.

I think having it down in Limerick would have been better than UCD.

I was initially delighted with the bid but a little let down by the proposed venues.

Advertisement