Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Pro12 2014/2015 Season thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Larbre34 wrote: »
    As the dust settles on Brooksgate I can see all the Joe Duffy hand-wringers moving quickly to the 'booze in sport sponsorship' bandwagon once again. Which will be a pity, as this is an excellent deal for the league, Guinness always does well by its partners. And the Turkish Airlines Pro12 (as was mooted) would just have been wrong.

Other than that Id say, underage drinkers can't hack Guinness, so no worries.
    The relentless alcohol marketing sinks in much earlier than 14. Other research in Britain of 10 and 11-year-olds shows that children are more familiar with beer brands than they are with brands of ice- cream or cake.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/a-sporting-chance-is-it-time-to-get-off-the-booze-and-on-the-ball-30389486.html

I don't know the ins and outs of marketing but that's quite an amazing statistic. What I do know is that doing 1 thing like banning sponsorship won't solve the problem of binge or underage drinking, there has to be a number of things done at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

The 2014/15 @PRO12Rugby fixtures will be announced at 11am tomorrow, July 10th #PRO12Rugby

LR usually away first, BP win please to start again, every point counts

What surprised me last season was under JS it was a weaker team early on as the internationals got integrated back in but under MOC versus Scarlets last year it was strong.

Great comment on IT regarding Guinness sponsorship

"All games to kick off at 17:59 !"

I just read Arthur's Day has been canned. That's a shame. It was always a bit of fun regardless of it being completely fabricated by marketers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Hopefully Celtic Rugby will also confirm soon which of their regional broadcast partners have re-signed, though we're aware RTE have not and are pretty certain (though not confirmed) that TG4 are in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ssaye2 wrote: »
    The 2014/15 @PRO12Rugby fixtures will be announced at 11am tomorrow, July 10th #PRO12Rugby

LR usually away first, BP win please to start again, every point counts

What surprised me last season was under JS it was a weaker team early on as the internationals got integrated back in but under MOC versus Scarlets last year it was strong.

Thought we were pretty cak against Scarlets, until they gave in to our conditioning towards the end and we ran everything.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Pro12 website is now Guinness branded, goodbye Rabo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Will the fixtures announced at 11 be moved at all for TV coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/home.php

Looks really cool. I never liked the orange Rabo branding.

Oooh, nice.

• Advertisement

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/home.php

Looks really cool. I never liked the orange Rabo branding.

Yeah thought it was naff. I also didn't like the name 'Rabo', just sounded silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

http://www.pro12rugby.com/news/15278.php#.U75f2o1dUQQ
    The GUINNESS PRO12 season will burst into action with lots of outstanding games to look forward to, starting on the first weekend of September (5/6/7th) 2014, with Glasgow Warriors hosting back-to-back champions Leinster in a repeat of last season's Final. Munster and Ulster, who both reached the Play-Offs, face Edinburgh at home and Scarlets away respectively. The Ospreys will face Benetton Treviso in Swansea and Cardiff Blues travel to Parma to take on Zebre. Connacht host the Newport Gwent Dragons in Galway.

Glasgow vs Leinster is a great opener BUT it won't be the same if a lot of the internationals are missing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I really like the Guinness branding. I didn't like Rabo's orange and blue at all.

Munster vs Leinster in Thomond Park on Stephen's Day / Stephen's Day weekend. That's going to be class! The same October-April fixtures were getting tiresome. Hopefully that will sell out unlike last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Munster vs Leinster in Thomond Park on Stephen's Day / Stephen's Day weekend. That's going to be class! The same October-April fixtures were getting tiresome. Hopefully that will sell out unlike last year.

Will it though? Irish teams are known for resting the big guns for the away leg at Christmas, not too sure how appealing Munster v Leinster 'A' will be

P_1 wrote: »
    Will it though? Irish teams are known for resting the big guns for the away leg at Christmas, not too sure how appealing Munster v Leinster 'A' will be

Ah there will have to be strong sides or there would be war.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

In recognition of our new overlords can we re-title this the Guinness Pro 12 thread?

Or do we have to think of the children who this might influence?

Teferi wrote: »
    In recognition of our new overlords can we re-title this the Guinness Pro 12 thread?

Or do we have to think of the children who this might influence?

Let them be influenced.

tumblr_mzapxsdgsz1srsy9vo1_500.jpg

P_1 wrote: »

It'll be very appealing if Leinster 'A' win. ;D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

About time they changed the inter-pro scheduling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

any idea when they will firm up the dates/times for these fixtures?

slingerz wrote: »
    any idea when they will firm up the dates/times for these fixtures?

David Jordan, Tournament Director, GUINNESS PRO12 stated that 'the kick off times for the first half of the season will be issued shortly,

Munster v Ulster is the first game after the AIs so I'm guessing that will be pretty weakened teams as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭cp

Isn't that usually the case though? A week our from the start of the European games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Is the website down for anyone else?

conf101 wrote: »
    Is the website down for anyone else?

http://www.pro12rugby.com/home.php

this is ok

cp wrote: »
    Isn't that usually the case though? A week our from the start of the European games?

There were no inter-pros that week last year.

Are you thinking of the inter-pro before the european knockout rounds start? Usually there's two pro12 fixtures after the 6N before the Euro game, so the interpro is usually very strong teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

ssaye2 wrote: »

Nope. Down for me.

Error simply saying "InvalidCust". No other details.

I'm on chrome. Cant be arsed trying any other browser

• Advertisement

GavMan wrote: »
    Nope. Down for me.

Error simply saying "InvalidCust". No other details.

I'm on chrome. Cant be arsed trying any other browser

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5E6PkbTHx_MdVbvigV7XX9Afh1CAXrAw-5YDZCfHG5cRwiIk7-mETPUA

Advertisement