Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is there any benefit to renewing now over waiting for the public sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Think you get 10% off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Usually there is some sort of discount......early bird thing, but I seem to remember that the deadline kept getting extended last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭blackdog1

So who'll be released from Ireland this weekend? . Moore , Healy, Reddan and Cronin ?

blackdog1 wrote: »
    So who'll be released from Ireland this weekend? . Moore , Healy, Reddan and Cronin ?

That would be very nice, but with no rest between the next two 6N matches, Joe might be slow to release players.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Subs nearly always get released. They need gametime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Reddan and Cronin will be released, wouldn't be so sure about Healy and Moore given time they've gotten off the bench.

Sangre wrote: »
    Reddan and Cronin will be released, wouldn't be so sure about Healy and Moore given time they've gotten off the bench.

There might be an injury concern about Healy. How long did Moore play for yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

vienne86 wrote: »
    There might be an injury concern about Healy. How long did Moore play for yesterday?

https://twitter.com/ProperChurch/status/572491959249608705

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/return-of-isa-nacewa-still-a-possibility-for-leinster-1.2123499

Cullen not ruling Nacewa out, but more importantly looks like good news on Kirchner.

• Advertisement

ssaye2 wrote: »
    He speaks very well

Very relaxed and concise. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go that route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/return-of-isa-nacewa-still-a-possibility-for-leinster-1.2123499

Cullen not ruling Nacewa out, but more importantly looks like good news on Kirchner.

Are most of ye happy to keep Kirchner? I mean he's a good player but he hasn't exactly imposed himself as a regular starter.

Are most of ye happy to keep Kirchner? I mean he's a good player but he hasn't exactly imposed himself as a regular starter.

Yeah, I'd hang on to him. He hasn't blown us away but his career here has been very stop-start with injuries so hopefully a bit of continuity would see an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

It also hasn't helped that our back play has been so poor. That inevitably has impacts on the outside backs too. At times he's looked really good, and it's probably no coincidence that he's looked good when our back line has been firing properly.

Yep - I'd be happy to keep him. I think he's a lovely player - as you say, he hasn't blown us away, but he has been reliable neough. He would be great to have for the world cup....unless SA want him back.

I'd want to to hang onto him too. Very good player, probably doesn't get the plaudits he deserves because he's a NIQ and for some reason everyone expects our NIQs to be Isa Nacewa or the Doc. The reality is now adays we'd be doing well to get our hands on a multi-capped springbok.

He speaks very well

Very impressed with him on ATH. Isn't he involved in the TV3 World cup coverage? I think he has a good future in media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

I didn't watch the Ospreys game, not a bad thing I believe, but how did Ruddock go??? With another game under his belt this weekend, any chance he could push back into the Ireland 23 for Wales or Scotland???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I like Kirchner at FB. If Kearney is fit and not on Int duty he starts. I don't think Kirchner is a better winger than Kearney D, McFad, Fitz.
    I don't know if its worth it, € and NIQ, to renew his contract.
    On the other hand what are the alternatives? Missed out on AAC. And not many multi capped players (from SH) would want to come to Leinster these days. Edit: Forgot about Sexton again!

S12b wrote: »
    I didn't watch the Ospreys game, not a bad thing I believe, but how did Ruddock go??? With another game under his belt this weekend, any chance he could push back into the Ireland 23 for Wales or Scotland???

Nah he was very rusty, very poor handling, but absolute work horse performance. Broke a finger badly and played on.

• Advertisement

There aren't really any alternatives worth shouting about imo.

Kirchner's been good, Kearney will be missing 1/3 of the season. Go go Zane!

I like Kirchner at FB. If Kearney is fit and not on Int duty he starts. I don't think Kirchner is a better winger than Kearney D, McFad, Fitz.
    I don't know if its worth it, € and NIQ, to renew his contract.
    On the other hand what are the alternatives? Missed out on AAC. And not many multi capped players (from SH) would want to come to Leinster these days. Edit: Forgot about Sexton again!

Well Fitz is more than likely going to partner with T'eo in the midfield, and you're banking on the others not being injured... which we know we can't bet on.

very true. I prefer Fitz at 11 myself. Ringrose progressing well at 13. but yeah injuries and WC are significant reasons for keeping him.
    id prefer if Leinster used their NIQ and money for a second row. Or ideally a SH!

.ak wrote: »
    Well Fitz is more than likely going to partner with T'eo in the midfield, and you're banking on the others not being injured... which we know we can't bet on.

Will MOC mot go with T'eo at 13 tho?

very true. I prefer Fitz at 11 myself. Ringrose progressing well at 13. but yeah injuries and WC are significant reasons for keeping him.
    id prefer if Leinster used their NIQ and money for a second row. Or ideally a SH!

Don't beat me up for this but McCarthy doesn't strike me as a RWC traveller.

We should have Douglas, McCarthy, Marshall, Denton and Kearney (Mick) next season in the second row for most of the year.

We're fine there.

SH annoys me, as Cooney & McGrath would've been fine.

fine during int windows but not outside. Real quality required in the SR with Toner.

Will MOC mot go with T'eo at 13 tho?

Maybe, but as a 1st receiver he's done well so I can see him playing 1st or 2nd centre.

fine during int windows but not outside. Real quality required in the SR with Toner.

We have Douglas. We would be very lucky to get anyone better than him anyway, but since he is contracted next season, we won't be signing anyone else in the second row.

We have Douglas. We would be very lucky to get anyone better than him anyway, but since he is contracted next season, we won't be signing anyone else in the second row.

ah yes Douglas! Doh! forgot about him. Do you think he will be here beyond next season? Wud have preferred Ezebeth:pac:
    Actually is that something Leinster should be looking at. i.e. get rid of Kirchner and next season Douglas. And go all out for a world class second row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

ah yes Douglas! Doh! forgot about him. Do you think he will be here beyond next season? Wud have preferred Ezebeth:pac:
    Actually is that something Leinster should be looking at. i.e. get rid of Kirchner and next season Douglas. And go all out for a world class second row

He signed a 3 year contract

I'm prepared to give him another year before making judgements. Let him have a preseason with Leinster.

Unless of course the ARU want to buy out his contract in which case they can pay for him and we can use that and his salary to get a world class second row.

He signed a 3 year contract

I'm prepared to give him another year before making judgements. Let him have a preseason with Leinster.

Unless of course the ARU want to buy out his contract in which case they can pay for him and we can use that and his salary to get a world class second row.

Leinster shud take it now if offered!
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/kane-douglas-linked-with-move-back-to-australia-1.2101279

That's my view as well however he is probably better than we have seen due to the sheer amount of rugby played by him over the last 12 months.

The ARU wouldn't be bothered really. Cheika has already softened the stance on Europe-bound players and it's not a stretch to imagine that, if he really wanted Douglas for the RWC, he would just call him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Posted about this a few weeks back, it was an article in the Australia papers saying they should really look to keep player like Douglas in Australia and not let them go abroad....

Douglas was the one player that was mentioned in the article....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,376 ✭✭✭✭phog

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Posted about this a few weeks back, it was an article in the Australia papers saying they should really look to keep player like Douglas in Australia and not let them go abroad....

Douglas was the one player that was mentioned in the article....

Was watching Super Rugby on Saturday morning and one of the panel or co-commentators was listing their current locks and name checked Douglas at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

http://inpho.ie/assignment/Leinster-Rugby-Squad-Training-Monday/8-hgNuhcvLGjm-3b9XjuPg..a?ts=djckXYcKuughYj0y0lCOIA..a

So bib theory would suggest:

Bent Strauss Furlong
    Denton Marshall
    VDF Leavy Jenno

Boss Gopperth
    Darce Te'o
    Kearney Kirchner McFadden

Will returning internationals go straight into the starting line-up???

molloyjh wrote: »
    http://inpho.ie/assignment/Leinster-Rugby-Squad-Training-Monday/8-hgNuhcvLGjm-3b9XjuPg..a?ts=djckXYcKuughYj0y0lCOIA..a

Bent Strauss Furlong
    Denton Marshall
    VDF Leavy Jenno

Boss Gopperth
    Darce Te'o

Will returning internationals go straight into the starting line-up???

Fitz McCarthy and may Redden will the others will probably only be allowed to get game time from the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Conan will be available as well.

If the guys that Cullen mentioned are going to be available then it could be a much stronger team. Always hard to predict who will be coming back.

molloyjh wrote: »

Bent Strauss Furlong
    Denton Marshall
    VDF Leavy Jenno

Boss Gopperth
    Darce Te'o

That pack would get absolutely blown off the pitch, even by Scarlets. We may have to face the possibility that bib theory is not, after all, infallible.

Having missed the Ospreys game, I'd expect Fitzgerald and McCarthy to start, I'd stick Douglas in there too. There's a three week break after this so we don't need to worry about over-working guys. Reddan definitely needs game time. I'd hope/expect to see:

Healy Strauss Moore
    McCarthy Douglas
    Ruddock Conan Jennings
    Reddan Gopperth
    Fitzgerald D'Arcy Te'o McFadden
    Kirchner

Dundon, Bent, Furlong, Denton, Ryan, Boss, Reid/Marsh, Kearney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Since the final is fixed for Ravenhill this year there's not really that pressure as in the previous seasons to get a home final. The important thing really is to get 2nd place to guarantee a home SF.

• Advertisement

That pack would get absolutely blown off the pitch, even by Scarlets. We may have to face the possibility that bib theory is not, after all, infallible.

Having missed the Ospreys game, I'd expect Fitzgerald and McCarthy to start, I'd stick Douglas in there too. There's a three week break after this so we don't need to worry about over-working guys. Reddan definitely needs game time. I'd hope/expect to see:

Healy Strauss Moore
    McCarthy Douglas
    Ruddock Conan Jennings
    Reddan Gopperth
    Kirchner

That team is good enough for HEC, would be great to see...

Since the final is fixed for Ravenhill this year there's not really that pressure as in the previous seasons to get a home final. The important thing really is to get 2nd place to guarantee a home SF.

Exactly, we only need to target 2nd place.

Healy Strauss Moore
    McCarthy Douglas
    Ruddock Conan Jennings
    Reddan Gopperth
    Kirchner

That would be very nice this weekend. Scarlets have been going very well, and sure as hell we need a better performance than last weekend. Certainly Reddan, McCarthy and Fitz will need game time, and if we get Healy and Moore as well, all the better.

Not sure about that final penalty whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3825_34708,00.html
    Scarlets vs Leinster at Parc y Scarlets
    Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)
    Assistant referees: Gwyn Morris (Wales), Chris Williams (Wales)
    Television match official: Tim Hayes (Wales)

Te'o cited:
    http://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/three-players-from-irish-provinces-in-trouble-for-alleged-punches-kicks-and-forearm-strikes/15906

I presume this is the incident that Lacey reviewed with the TMO and took no action? Would be very harsh to decide that was a red card offence.

Te'o cited:
    http://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/three-players-from-irish-provinces-in-trouble-for-alleged-punches-kicks-and-forearm-strikes/15906

I presume this is the incident that Lacey reviewed with the TMO and took no action? Would be very harsh to decide that was a red card offence.

Absolutely. If you can't turn your shoulder and fend off an opponent then this game is almost unplayable for a lot of players.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3825_34708,00.html
    Scarlets vs Leinster at Parc y Scarlets
    Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)
    Assistant referees: Gwyn Morris (Wales), Chris Williams (Wales)
    Television match official: Tim Hayes (Wales)

George Clancy....groan. He was very laborious last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

vienne86 wrote: »
    George Clancy....groan. He was very laborious last weekend.

Let's make sure we use the rolling maul! :pac:

Te'o cited:

How has this been cited?

That's insane.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement