Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6N Preview Request Thread

• 26-01-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭

We've done this for previous competitions and it's been quite popular so we're doing it again, but for those of you who aren't familiar with how this works let us explain.

During the biggest competitions there is a lot of interest from posters to write previews for the matches. To make it fair anyone can write up these previews but to avoid confusion or multiple match threads we are offering a way that posters can put their name down against certain games to write a preview for.
    • First come, first serve. We'll accept requests every Monday for the round matches of the following weekend.
    • If you've already done a preview for a particular country you cannot do one again, unless there is nobody else willing/wanting to do one (we'll give the opportunity to re-do another write-up after teams announced)*
    • If you cannot do the write up/preview we will offer it to the next person who requested - if the preview thread is not done 24 hours prior to kick off we will hand it over to the next requester.
    • Anyone can start a build up thread or any game, any time. These threads will be locked once a preview thread is posted.

* Just a note, the reason we do this is to avoid confusion and also give everyone the opportunity to write preview.

So with that, here is the first round. Post your match of choice below and we'll put your name against the game.

Round 1
    Home | vs | Away | Date | K.O (GMT) | Preview by:
    Wales | vs | England | 06.02.15 | 20:05 | Losty Dublin|
    Italy | vs | Ireland | 07.02.15 | 14:30 |Swiwi. |
    France | vs | Scotland | 07.02.15 | 17:00 | sydthebeat |

Round 2
    England | vs | Italy| 14.02.15 | 14:30 | Deleted User||
    Ireland | vs | France| 14.02.15 | 17:00 |Tox56 |
    Scotland | vs | Wales | 15.02.15 | 15:00 |sullivlo |

Round 3
    Scotland | vs | Italy | 28.02.15 | 14:30 | |
    France | vs | Wales | 28.02.15 | 17:00 |Buer |
    Ireland | vs | England | 01.03.15 | 15:00 | thomond2006 |

Round 4
    Wales | vs | Ireland | 14.03.15 | 14:30 | Teferi|
    England | vs | Scotland | 14.03.15 | 17:00 |sydthebeat |
    Italy | vs | France | 15.03.15 | 15:00 | TheGoldenAges |

Round 5
    Italy | vs | Wales | 21.03.15 | 12:30 | |
    Ireland | vs | Scotland | 21.03.15 | 14:30 | |
    England | vs | France | 21.03.15 | 17:00 | |

U20s - Rnd 3
    Ireland | vs | England | 27.02.15 | 19:05 | English Lurker|

As always, the quality of write ups on this forum never cease to amaze, there's some truly talented people out there and we appreciate what you bring to the forum! Best of luck and enjoy the tournament!

EDIT: The names for round 1 will be accepted now, as with the wolfhound game we expect the place to get busy over the next week...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

I am happy to do the ire v Italy game if no objections.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ill take France / scots (the glamour tie ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Do they have to be more than nine words long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

May I take on Galles v Anglia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Thanks all. Next request available from Monday 9th of January midday

• Advertisement

If you want an ill-informed wolfhounds preview with mostly pictures and rumors about POM / Ruddock I'm happy to put one together.

If you want an ill-informed wolfhounds preview with mostly pictures and rumors about POM / Ruddock I'm happy to put one together.

Go for it. So long as the pictures don't ruin my mind.

Okay folks, next round is up. First come first serve, post below the match you'd like to preview.

Round 2
    England | vs | Italy| 14.02.15 | 14:30 | Deleted User||
    Ireland | vs | France| 14.02.15 | 17:00 |Tox56 |
    Scotland | vs | Wales | 15.02.15 | 15:00 |sullivlo |

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I'll take France Ireland if nobody else is

I don't know a lot about English or Italian rugby bar what I see during the six nations, pro12 and European rugby. If no one else wants to do Eng v Ita I will do it, but let me be completely clear. The thread will start by suggesting a startling similarity between Italy and the Ewoks of Endor and the ENTIRE introduction will be about explaining how Italy could win this using mostly examples from Return of the Jedi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I don't know a lot about English or Italian rugby bar what I see during the six nations, pro12 and European rugby. If no one else wants to do Eng v Ita I will do it, but let me be completely clear. The thread will start by suggesting a startling similarity between Italy and the Ewoks of Endor and the ENTIRE introduction will be about explaining how Italy could win this using mostly examples from Return of the Jedi.

Please do this

Anything to give the match a veneer of appeal!

If Italy were like the Cheetahs and played wonderful attacking rugby mixed with woeful defence, I might watch the game for the entertainement value...instead I think England will grind then storm their way to a slaughter, with Italy doing damage control by means foul or fair. The English will not be in a conciliatory mood at Twickenham with their own little tournament to host in few months, the Italians will be cannon fodder.

An Italian upset would do wonders for the 6N, however I doubt the bookies even allowing betting on an English victory.

Good luck, I'll read your preview for sure, will need to be a masterclass though to make me risk marital harmony on Saturday afternoon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I find your ideas intriguing and I enclose a postal order to subscribe to your newsletter

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Anything to give the match a veneer of appeal!

If Italy were like the Cheetahs and played wonderful attacking rugby mixed with woeful defence, I might watch the game for the entertainement value...instead I think England will grind then storm their way to a slaughter, with Italy doing damage control by means foul or fair. The English will not be in a conciliatory mood at Twickenham with their own little tournament to host in few months, the Italians will be cannon fodder.

An Italian upset would do wonders for the 6N, however I doubt the bookies even allowing betting on an English victory.

Good luck, I'll read your preview for sure, will need to be a masterclass though to make me risk marital harmony on Saturday afternoon...

Just imagine England crossing the line for the 4th time and all seems to be lost, and then Parisse shows up in an AT-ST

Si55ihr.png

Okay, sold!

Made me think of this film...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

.ak wrote: »
    Okay, sold!

FYP

Write the preview you will

Okay, sold!

This was honestly meant in gest.. I'm perfectly happy to do it, but there will be zero rugby in it.

Unless someone else genuinely wants to do it you're up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

You're in too deep now Venjur. The people expect.

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    You're in too deep now Venjur. The people expect.

Nah will be grand, at least we all know who Castrogiovanni is going to be:

nJYpkqx.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

If nobody else wants it, I'd happily try a preview for Scotland vs Wales.

So who wants to put their name down for round 3?

Round 3
    Scotland | vs | Italy | 28.02.15 | 14:30 | |
    France | vs | Wales | 28.02.15 | 17:00 |Buer |
    Ireland | vs | England | 01.03.15 | 15:00 | thomond2006 |

U20s - Rnd 3
    Ireland | vs | England | 27.02.15 | 19:05 | English Lurker|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'll take Ireland vs England

I'll write it the night we know both lineups.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

Might people be interested in one of the U20s game?

Yeah ofcourse, say there'll be a good bit of interest in the Ireland v England one if you want to cover it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yeah I'm really looking forward to that one. And ELs preview if he fancies it...

Cmon people, there must be close to a 100 regular users of this forum, there must be other scribes out there other than the usual suspects. Not looking at anyone in particular Buer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Cmon people, there must be close to a 100 regular users of this forum, there must be other scribes out there other than the usual suspects. Not looking at anyone in particular Buer.

Ah he knows fcuk all tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

Yeah ofcourse, say there'll be a good bit of interest in the Ireland v England one if you want to cover it?

I do indeed.

Don't forget that there is Pro 12 football on this weekend as well. Writers may be needed for them too.

I want to do Le Crunch and hereby put my hand up for it already. In lieu, I shall do whatever slovenly match this weekend that the Mods see fit to give me. You name it, I'll be there with bells and knobs on.*

*Ideally not a J4 game on Sunday afternoon.

I want to do Le Crunch and hereby put my hand up for it already. In lieu, I shall do whatever slovenly match this weekend that the Mods see fit to give me. You name it, I'll be there with bells and knobs on.*

*Ideally not a J4 game on Sunday afternoon.

Barnhall vs Clontarf div11? You could title it "The comeback starts here..."

You've already previewed a Welsh game but if nobody else wants to do it (by this time tomorrow) then it's yours!

Edit: sorry misread your post! We'd like to spread out the amount of people who wrote the previews and to make it fair you can only put your name in the hat the Monday before the game in question. If you want to do the Welsh french game this weekend we'll have to give someone else a chance to do le crunch! Cheers

Barnhall vs Clontarf div11? You could title it "The comeback starts here..."

You've already previewed a Welsh game but if nobody else wants to do it (by this time tomorrow) then it's yours!

Edit: sorry misread your post! We'd like to spread out the amount of people who wrote the previews and to make it fair you can only put your name in the hat the Monday before the game in question. If you want to do the Welsh french game this weekend we'll have to give someone else a chance to do le crunch! Cheers

The choice has been made.

Barnhall and Clontarf at Metro 11; a rivalry steeped in tradition.... :pac::pac::pac:

Seriously lads and lassies; we need new blood and opinions in here to contribute with the write ups. There are heaps of posters here who are well capable of previewing the game; step up to the mark and give a wee bit back to our perfect sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Stick me down for the France vs Wales game.

Mon Dieu.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    Stick me down for the France vs Wales game.

Mon Dieu.

All that preview needs is one line:

"Can't possibly be any worse than two years ago"

"How would William Wallace beat the Italians"

"How would William Wallace beat the Italians"

Book him in .AK!!!!

Btw hoping to go to U20s tonight so I'll stick up Ireland/England thread tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Hey guys I'm studying English in Uni (presume my level of English/writing will be up to standard) so assign me any game in the fourth round and I'll happily write a preview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Hey guys I'm studying English in Uni (presume my level of English/writing will be up to standard) so assign me any game in the fourth round and I'll happily right a preview.

Jaysus mate! :p

Teferi wrote: »
    Jaysus mate! :p

On my phone, damn auto correct haha :pac:

On my phone, damn auto correct haha :pac:

We'll believe ye...

Get your names in quick for the next round!

Round 4
    Wales | vs | Ireland | 14.03.15 | 14:30 | Teferi|
    England | vs | Scotland | 14.03.15 | 17:00 |sydthebeat |
    Italy | vs | France | 15.03.15 | 15:00 | TheGoldenAges |

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Ireland V Gatland please.

Ill take the roses versus the thistles ;)

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Ill take the roses versus the thistles ;)

As you've already done a Scotland match you can do it so long as nobody else who hasn't done a review yet wants to do it... I imagine you're safe but if anyone else wants it they can have it!

As you've already done a Scotland match you can do it so long as nobody else who hasn't done a review yet wants to do it... I imagine you're safe but if anyone else wants it they can have it!

thats no problem at all....

Teferi wrote: »
    Ireland V Gatland please.

You have permission to re-use my meme. I'm sure you can think of a better caption.

EDIT: You must also refer to Williams as Delon Williams.

I offered but if there's no other games I can wait till the final weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement