Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding for 30 guests under E3000??

Options
  • 01-03-2007 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to have a wedding for 30 guests for under 3000 Euro? I have always wanted a small wedding and don't want any extras just the basics (Church, Dinner, Party!) Is it possible and has anyone ever one it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Why not, you may have to sacrifice a few things though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Do you know of any pub/restaurants that would have live music anyway? Somewhere like McSwiggan's in Galway maybe, that type of place. Do you mean to include the dress and flowers in the 3000 too? You should be able to sort out a fairly decent menu with a couple of choices for say 60 per head (total 1800) (use cake as desert course), throw wine on top, say 15 bottles at 10 would be 150 for the wine (wine from wholesaler not restaurant although restaurant might do a deal on their house wine). Total so far 1950.

Add in contribution for church, flowers (buy flowers and ask friend/mother/mother-in-law to arrange or just give money to the person who normally arranges the flowers in the church and ask them to put in a few extra that weekend), wedding dress, suit hire for groom (and groomsmen?). Friend with nice car to pick you up. Another friend who's decent with a camera to take the pics. Sounds do-able to me. Bridesmaids outfits might be one of the extras you'd cut and your own wedding dress wouldn't want to be too expensive, maybe get dress(es) made/secondhand. Don't forget wedding rings! These might also need to go outside the budget.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Do you know of any pub/restaurants that would have live music anyway? Somewhere like McSwiggan's in Galway maybe, that type of place. Do you mean to include the dress and flowers in the 3000 too?

You should be able to sort out a fairly decent menu with a couple of choices for say 60 per head (total 1800) (use cake as desert course), throw wine on top, say 15 bottles at 10 would be 150 for the wine (wine from wholesaler not restaurant although restaurant might do a deal on their house wine). Total so far 1950.

Add in contribution for church, flowers (buy flowers and ask friend/mother/mother-in-law to arrange or just give money to the person who normally arranges the flowers in the church and ask them to put in a few extra that weekend), wedding dress, suit hire for groom (and groomsmen?). Friend with nice car to pick you up. Another friend who's decent with a camera to take the pics. Sounds do-able to me. Bridesmaids outfits might be one of the extras you'd cut and your own wedding dress wouldn't want to be too expensive, maybe get dress(es) made/secondhand. Don't forget wedding rings! These might also need to go outside the budget.

Good luck!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

We had our wedding at our house (we are paying enough for the damn house so we thought we might as well get our money's worth) and had it catered. We had about 50-60 people and paid about €3000 in total, probably less. We were lucky because in the UK Waitrose do a catering service which is really good value. We had a huge amount of food, lots of Indian, Italian and Japanese mainly. We also hit Aldi the day before and stocked up on desserts, cheeses, beer, spirits, mixers and all the flowers. We were very, very luck in that a mate runs a wine shop and got us an amazing deal on the wine and sparkly on a use or return basis. About €5 a bottle. But we paid for all of everyone's drinks for the whole night and day.

We bought a gazebo on ebay and garden lights on sale at Woolworths. And decorated the house. We hired garden chairs for about £50. I got my dress for £53 as a designer sample on ebay. My shoes were £12 in BHS and I dyed them to match my dress. My husband got his clothes in M&S. We had witnesses rather than a wedding party and let them dress how they like. We were extremely lucky for our honeymoon as my husband's boss loaned us her apartment in Paris and we could take the Eurostar. (Poor husband did have to work right up to the day before the wedding and then was back in two days after to finish some work and didn't know he could get some time off until the day before so we wouldn't have been able to book anything.)

Our biggest spend was on the wedding rings, but we didn't bother with an engagement ring and we hope to be wearing them forever. So we splashed out on environmentally friendly, 0 emmision, fair-trade recycled platinum rings.

Advertisement