Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weddings Abroad

• 07-03-2007 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a good site, or company, that help to organise Weddings abroad?
    Or... has anyone here married abroad? How did you go about it?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

I got married in the USA last year, very little work involved in it, you have to apply for the license a couple of days before the ceremony. For the US it depends on the state you want to get married in as to what the rules are.

other links for other places are at:
    http://www.weddingsireland.com/irish-wedding-wedding_suppliers-honeymoon_and_travel-weddings_abroad.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm getting married in the Dominican republic in three weeks time. We booked it through a UK company, firstchoice (www.firstchoice.co.uk), who are basically a package holiday company which offer weddings at several of their resorts. They also have a dedicated weddings team who help you with all the documentation.

Obviously all their flights go from the UK, but we found that a lot cheaper than using an irish company. We are lucky as we have a UK address we can use so I can't ay for sre they would have done it otherwise. worth a try though.

you could try www.sunway.ie as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gcfm

Hi I am getting married in Italy in Sept and am using a planner that is based in Dublin and her family are in Italy. Everything is going really well at the moment so if you want her details send me a pm and I will pass them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

gcfm wrote:
    Hi I am getting married in Italy in Sept and am using a planner that is based in Dublin and her family are in Italy. Everything is going really well at the moment so if you want her details send me a pm and I will pass them on.
    Oh yes please! Does she have a web site I could take a look at? P.S I must point out that I am actually enquiring primarily for a relation, as I am not actually engaged myself, BUT, marrying abroad, especially in Italy, is something that I would really love to do when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Bulmers

we're getting married in spain in Oct, using a wedding planning company out there called Fiesta Sol, www.fiestasol.com. They are based around Marbella and they seem to deal with mostly Irish couples as alot of people starting to get married over there, cheap flights etc.

Wedding planner is great idea abroad as herself can just send email about anything she is worried about and they usually answer within a few hrs, great piece of mind and less hassle for me...win win!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement