Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

women proposing what do u think?

• 06-03-2007 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi all, just looking for a few opinions, it's my boyf's 30th this year and I'm surprising him on the day with a trip to Amsterdam. After 7 years together and no sign of a proposal from him I've decided to bite the bullet and propose myself while we're over there, and possibly pick out a ring while there too. (for which I will contribute fyi)
    What do people think of women proposing? Will I be stepping on his toes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ask him what he thinks of marriage before asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

I already know! we've always planned to get married, i have no doubt whatsoever that he'll say yes, just wondering what people think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

If you've had the talk then he's probably planning something. There's no problem in you asking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I don't see anything at all wrong with the woman proposing. A friend of mine proposed to her boyfriend a couple of years ago. They'd been together about 4 years and had discussed marriage as something they would one day do, but he was suprised (and delighted I should add) when she popped the question while they were on a holiday she had booked as a romantic getaway. I think he was planning to ask her eventually and hadn't figured out how he was going to go about it, so it worked out well. If you're already absolutely sure he's going to say yes, then I'd say just go for it. Makes his birthday the anniversary of your engagement too which is nice (if you're a soppy old romantic like me!) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Yeah, go for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement