Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear windscreen wiper

Options
  • 18-03-2019 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

A bit of newbie and don’t know a lot about cars. I have a 00 Toyota Corolla and it’s going for it’s NCT shortly. Windscreen wipers were a bit frayed so I measured up, popped to halfords and bought some new ones. Changed them out. Front ones working no problem but rear one now moves a fraction and then stops.

Put the old one back on and it goes again but rubber bits hanging everywhere so want the new one working. Is there a different weight for rear windscreen wipers or what else am I missing? It looks the same as the old one, but as I said not very experience here.

I have seen a thread on here which says that rear wipers aren’t checked in NCT but handy to have when driving in the rain.

Thanks for any advice,

Sleepcar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

sleepcar wrote: »
    Hi all,

A bit of newbie and don’t know a lot about cars. I have a 00 Toyota Corolla and it’s going for it’s NCT shortly. Windscreen wipers were a bit frayed so I measured up, popped to halfords and bought some new ones. Changed them out. Front ones working no problem but rear one now moves a fraction and then stops.

Put the old one back on and it goes again but rubber bits hanging everywhere so want the new one working. Is there a different weight for rear windscreen wipers or what else am I missing? It looks the same as the old one, but as I said not very experience here.

I have seen a thread on here which says that rear wipers aren’t checked in NCT but handy to have when driving in the rain.

Thanks for any advice,

Sleepcar

Is the nut holding the main arm good and tight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sleepcar

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Is the nut holding the main arm good and tight?

It seems to be.

Advertisement