Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 5 series 2011 radio screen fault

Options
  • 14-03-2019 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I have a 2011 f11 bmw 5 series now and it's never let me down other than the screen for the radio.

So in short it works and then it doesn't! What i mean is every morning the radio screen will come on when I turn on the car and work fine,no problems what so ever, but then when I park it up and come back after a short while I start the car and then the screen is blank. The screen sometimes displays a bmw sign and then goes blank other times it's just blank. The radio still works like this but its not possible to change to aux mode or bluetooth etc, and you can't see what radio station it's on.

My guess is when it heats up the screen fails?!? Any advice on this?

PS. I have looked for similar threads but none seem to have the right answer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

There is 2 options, the screen are bad or the background light are bad. Typically the background lights burns and needs the replacement. The screen can be ok and still show the picture, only visible by external light and specific angle. 2011 they may used these tiny fluorescent bulbs. These should be available to buy separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mikeamoia

You can see the screen perfect when its working in any light or angle, there is nothing wrong with it then but then when its blank you can see its on but it's just a black screen. Baffles me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

Are you ever seen the lcd screen without background light? The picture are barely visible only on specific angle and may need the flashlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mikeamoia

Could it work intermittently as well if the bulbs are gone though?

Advertisement