Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost theory test certificate

Options
  • 11-09-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to apply for the provisional, but I think that I lost the cert saying that I got my theory test (I'm tearing apart my room to look for it).

I don't suppose they'd send me out another?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm not too sure how things work when you lose a theory test cert. But i know if you lose your certificate of competency, you have to get a statement certified by a garda, and you apply for a replacement, in the motor tax office i presume.
    Taken from Driving Test.ie
    Q. What happens if I lose my Certificate of Competency within the two year period?

A. You will have to obtain a duplicate from the Driver Testing Section in the Department. You will have to provide a statement certified by a Garda that you have lost the Certificate of Competency.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

http://www.dtts.ie/english/driver-theory-test/faq.php

What if I lose my pass certificate?
    You can request a duplicate certificate by writing a letter including your name, address, PPS number and date of birth with a cheque or postal order for €15.00, payable to ‘Prometric Ireland Limited’, to the following address:
    Driver Theory Test, Customer Service, PO Box 788, Togher, Cork

Taken from the Driver Theory Test.ie Site

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arvbaska

Is this rule still applicable ? I got a email copy from RSA. Can i use that ?

Advertisement