Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opel Astra wet rear footwell

• 11-11-2019 10:00pm

Was over at a friend's yesterday and they said the rear drivers side footwell was wet. When I looked at it was absolutely soaked, the car is. 2007 open Astra.

I dried it as much as I could but I need to get it in the day light to look further. Internet suggest the scuttle plug or whatever it's called up front neaneart the pollen filter being blocked which is what I first thought anyway but thinking about it I doubt that's it because the front isn't wet and it's on the other side to where the pollen filter is.. anyone any ideas as to what it could be?

Do these cars have rubber grommets under the rear footwell.. thinking one might have fallen out and water might be coming up from the ground when driving

IL get to looking at it this weekend but don't fancy ripping up the carpets if there's an obvious fault on these cars I can check first

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Had something like this on a Ford of about that vintage, but in the front. IIRC it was a filter replacement and it wasn't a huge outlay. Dealer/Garage can say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

You've checked the other footwells but have you checked the boot?

zubair wrote: »
    You've checked the other footwells but have you checked the boot?

Yeah the boot is ok, sorry forgot to mention that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

When did you first notice it?

Advertisement