Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder/Babysitter for the reception

Options
  • 11-11-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, having a medium sized family wedding next year. There will be some small children at the wedding (under 5 year old) belonging to the Bride and Grooms siblings, who don't live in Ireland.

Finding it hard to find 1 or 2 people to come to the venue after the meal to watch over the smaller children once they go to bed.

Has anyone hired child minders/ baby sitter for their wedding, with any advice? The venue suggested a children's entertainment company which do games and arts and crafts etc, however we only want someone who will watch the kids once bed time comes.

Venue is in Meath.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

My aunt got married a few years ago in a hotel and as far as i can remember the hotel had some sort of babysitting service on call? and there was a young woman that went up to mind them for a few hours while the party was on during the night.
    Maybe check with the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Strange that the venue doesn't have babysitters they use regularly? Babysitting would be required at a lot of weddings.
    We attended a glamping wedding over the summer and the venue had heaps of local babysitters available. Ours was lovely came prepared with toys etc.... but our little fella just conked out. Do you know anyone from the area that might be able to recommend some babysitters?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TomTree

My aunt got married a few years ago in a hotel and as far as i can remember the hotel had some sort of babysitting service on call? and there was a young woman that went up to mind them for a few hours while the party was on during the night.
    Maybe check with the venue?

Thanks it’s not a hotel venue, however I did assume they would have some people on file for such a job but it appears not .

wuffly wrote: »
    Strange that the venue doesn't have babysitters they use regularly? Babysitting would be required at a lot of weddings.
    We attended a glamping wedding over the summer and the venue had heaps of local babysitters available. Ours was lovely came prepared with toys etc.... but our little fella just conked out. Do you know anyone from the area that might be able to recommend some babysitters?

I know I would have assumed the venue would have some local people who would be known for wanting this type of work alas, no.

I don’t know anyone in the area unfortunately as we don't live there just getting married there .

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Is the venue far from you? You could check notice boards in local shops or maybe contact a local crèche and see if they have anyone willing to do it.

• Advertisement

Is the venue far from you? You could check notice boards in local shops or maybe contact a local crèche and see if they have anyone willing to do it.

Not close by but good idea. Don’t have kids myself so clueless on how one sources a babysitter . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,074 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

There are companies online where you can hire nannies for weddings etc
    My sister hired two for her sons wedding as they had four babies and three toddlers . They arrived on time , were very clued in , very professional and open to the parents wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

TomTree wrote: »
    Not close by but good idea. Don’t have kids myself so clueless on how one sources a babysitter . Thanks

Definitely phone crèches nearby. I have a friend who works in a crèche and when she was a bit younger with no kids of her own, she used often babysit in the evenings or at weekends

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    There are companies online where you can hire nannies for weddings etc
    My sister hired two for her sons wedding as they had four babies and three toddlers . They arrived on time , were very clued in , very professional and open to the parents wishes

Thank you . I have contacted some of these providers however they charge very high rates would average at 1,500€ for three kids for 6/7 hours care. They seem to provide a fantastic service no doubt .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,074 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thank you . I have contacted some of these providers however they charge very high rates would average at 1,500€ for three kids for 6/7 hours care. They seem to provide a fantastic service no doubt .

Wow that expensive .My sister only had them for three hours and I dont think it was near as expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

I had entertainers for 6 kids that were at my wedding, they had them for the reception and meal, 1 of them stayed on that evening to mind my own 2 children that night. No where near that amount of money though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Were they proposing to fly them to Eurodisney?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hotel reception usually have a list of regular babysitters.

Often it's their own staff or relatives of staff that they would suggest to you. Try ringing your venue directly and speak to the reception staff rather than the coordinator.

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Were they proposing to fly them to Eurodisney?

😂😂 I know . Child care diploma etc etc etc !
    I just want someone to make sure they don’t set then place on fire.

Neyite wrote: »
    Hotel reception usually have a list of regular babysitters.

Often it's their own staff or relatives of staff that they would suggest to you. Try ringing your venue directly and speak to the reception staff rather than the coordinator.

Must try that route with the reception staff thanks

amor3 wrote: »
    I had entertainers for 6 kids that were at my wedding, they had them for the reception and meal, 1 of them stayed on that evening to mind my own 2 children that night. No where near that amount of money though!

Could you share with me who you used, if you don’t mind pm me the details .

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

I got married in 2015, I can't quiet remember the name of the company! I'll try look through my wedding planning stuff to see if I come across anything!

Edit.. found it pm sent

amor3 wrote: »

I got married in 2015, I can't quiet remember the name of the company! I'll try look through my wedding planning stuff to see if I come across anything!

Thank you so much .

Edit.. found it pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

LMM CARE provide wedding babysitters and pop up event creches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Not sure whereabouts in Meath your venue is but I got married in the Conyngham Arms in July & both they and Tankardstown have babysitters that they recommend. It could be worth giving them a shout and seeing if they can give you a number. We had a lovely lady who came to the hotel around 7pm & watched over our two until 10pm when we put them to bed. She sat in the room with them then until our in laws went to bed. She was lovely & really great with the kids.

• Advertisement
Advertisement