Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to watch Inoue v Donaire

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

walshb wrote: »
    Unbelievable

I went on to the Sky app to check boxing on Sky and it was not listed, hence I didn't think to check the channels..

I am sure it will be on again soon...

they will probably have it on their youtube soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,619 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Replay on SS action at 9 p.m. tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Excellent absorbing fight and huge credit goes to Donaire for being there at the end. What a warrior to get through the penultimate round even though he was a millisecond from being counted out. His left hook is still dangerous and I thought he had him in the 9th with that right that staggered Inoue. This will stand to him being brought the whole fight by an experienced nuanced fighter like Donaire.

This super series has been superb for the sport. Top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭megadodge

Just caught it now. Really good fight. High quality skills from both and plenty of hard hitting, but the youth and vigour of Inoue was just too much. I'd love to have seen them when Donaire was at his peak!

Inoue is a lovely boxer to watch and has a very complete skillset. He can fight on the front foot and back, even though I'd categorise him as essentially a counter puncher. His accuracy is probably his most impressive feature. He land so many punches so flush - just superb timing. He's definitely in the discussion for the top pound-for-pound discussion.

The World Super Series has produced so many great contests. Long may it continue.

Finally, just to say I've always liked Donaire. He's a true gentleman. I hope he seriously considers retirement now. Even a few years ago he had nothing to prove. I hope he goes and enjoys the rest of his life away from boxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

If Donaire had an extra half step this would have been one for the ages. Quality shown from both men, both had to come through rough patches to get to the final bell.

I'll watch it again but my thoughts are, what a hard bàstard Donaire is, the ref was suspect during the knockdown, but I can live with it. There were points when he winged huge shots where Inoue was nowhere to be seen, but he landed some, quality, quality punches too. Inoue really is a fearsome puncher though, just wicked on the counter, I could watch his technique all day. You can't teach the snap he has, he's just born with it, one of the most natural punchers I've ever seen. Class.

I'll just emphasise this one again, Donaire is a CLASS ACT.

That was a good fight.

That is the best I have seen of Inoue. He is everything a fighter should be.

Sharp, clean, patient, measured, precise, heavy-handed, balanced, busy, fit and versatile,; oh and very rounded (front, side and back boxing).

Not sure what’s his best shot, but that crisp hard jab is beautiful...And his overall punch delivery and mechanics are very impressive.

Great feet and range as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭megadodge

I don't believe in monsters, but this fella is testing me...

https://fightnews.com/shocker-monster-inoue-suffers-eye-socket-fracture/60479

Big heart as well as all the skills.

A credit to the sport, both. Dignified and respectful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

walshb wrote: »
    That was a good fight.

That is the best I have seen of Inoue. He is everything a fighter should be.

Sharp, clean, patient, measured, precise, heavy-handed, balanced, busy, fit and versatile,; oh and very rounded (front, side and back boxing).

Not sure what’s his best shot, but that crisp hard jab is beautiful...And his overall punch delivery and mechanics are very impressive.

Great feet and range as well..

Inoue and Loma would be some sight :D

• Advertisement

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Inoue and Loma would be some sight :D

Loma would win very easily...

Too big..and a horrible style for Inoue..

Advertisement