Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eloping to New York

Options
  • 30-10-2019 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

So my Fiance and I have decided to elope next Easter.
    We have our flights & hotel booked. We are so excited!

Has anyone else eloped to New York?
    If so did ye use a wedding planner?
    Would you recommend any particular ones?
    and did you have someone do your hair & make-up?

Any tips or advice would be most welcome.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Your bleedin' mad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I have no experience of this personally, but I'm in a facebook group called Help I'm Getting Married and someone posted recently about doing this - according to their post they used a planner called Wed in Central Park which provided them with the officiant, guitarist, photographer, videographer and flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

My mam eloped in May and they got married in Central Park on Bow Bridge - it looks so beautiful and romantic! This is a blog post about it - she really rated the company they went with - they made it a very simple and enjoyable process!

https://wedincentralpark.wordpress.com/2019/06/17/ew-bow-bridge-central-park-elopement-wedding/?fbclid=IwAR03jh9lOjtktKSBOrh3szbMqVVSrwFdJAs-eCIOg-w0562NHzI82aMiwyY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Didnt exactly elope. Just invited everyone and went Royal Caribbean cruising.
    General Rule of Them Mo' People Mo' Problems!
    So we only had small group of friends and everyone had a great time.
    If we had it at home there would be internal fighting and problems with alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 findmydress

My mam eloped in May and they got married in Central Park on Bow Bridge - it looks so beautiful and romantic! This is a blog post about it - she really rated the company they went with - they made it a very simple and enjoyable process!

Thanks! You are the second person that has mentioned these to me! Thanks so much.
    Did she have hair & make up done there? I'm being quote $500 to have it done. No way am I paying that amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 findmydress

Didnt exactly elope. Just invited everyone and went Royal Caribbean cruising.
    General Rule of Them Mo' People Mo' Problems!
    So we only had small group of friends and everyone had a great time.
    If we had it at home there would be internal fighting and problems with alcohol

Thanks!! We are finding it hard to draw the line at who to invite so we are going alone and not telling anyone but we'll have a low key party at home when we return.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Thanks! You are the second person that has mentioned these to me! Thanks so much.
    Did she have hair & make up done there? I'm being quote $500 to have it done. No way am I paying that amount.

As far as I remember, she couldn’t get an appointment handy enough so she just did it herself! She wouldn’t be big on wearing much make up etc and wanted to keep her hair down so it suited her as much to do it herself.

Advertisement