Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spider threads?

• 29-10-2019 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭

I stopped in Fermoy to run the dogs yesterday and came across this phenomenon at sunset. It looks like millions of spider threads draped across everything. They were hanging from trees and posts too.
    IMG-20191027-163640.jpg

IMG-20191027-163716-1.jpg

I've never seen this before. Anyone know what the cause is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Looks like a batch of young spiders dispersed. They shoot out a string of gossamer and the breeze carries them to new plants and new habitat. The low bright autumn sunshine shows them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I was leaning towards that, but there's over 2 acres of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,366 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It’s Halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No problem with that many. I've often seen clouds of them drifting across a field.
    They will do so in quite large numbers, as abiotic influences such as atmospheric pressure and temperature sparks them to all do it at the same time. It's called ballooning.

Advertisement