Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My friends twins have arrived. They're all doing well. And breath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got a €25 One4All voucher from work today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭gifted

In my happy place.....have an apple tart in the oven and gathering ingredients for a chocolate covered fudge cake.....also having a coffee now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I really enjoyed Black Christmas last night. Gripping storyline.

I'm going to a pre-Christmas dinner with friends later on.

Tomorrow we're going Ancient Stone Bothering. Hopefully the wind will blow us to Dunamase / mask (masc?) Fort. Gotta go hug me in laws first :)
    I didn't feel like doing anything much for most of the year-delighted to have my enthusiasm back.

• Advertisement

You can already see the twins personalities and the way the little guy looks amused and affectionate at his bigger brother (looking out into the distance like he has a plan), as if he's already weary of his antics but wouldn't change him for the world. Little guy had stopped kicking while big guy was going he'll for leather, someone said little guys probably just the chilled out one and happy for his brother to hog the limelight :D

I can see the black petals of my black Hyacinth just showing.

The meal I had was very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have just finished taking out the triangles, hazelnut, and orange hex sweets out of a quality street earmarked for my wife's aunt. She loves them ones the malignant fcuking dwarf . Now just to re-tape it and make the weight up with toffees. Such little things make my xmas. :)

cjmc wrote: »
    I have just finished taking out the triangles, hazelnut, and orange hex sweets out of a quality street earmarked for my wife's aunt. She loves them ones the malignant fcuking dwarf . Now just to re-tape it and make the weight up with toffees. Such little things make my xmas. :)

There goes my top...tea shot all over it :) malignant dwarf :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭gifted

Just had an Indian takeaway ....polished off with a cold bottle of corona......now gonna spend the next hour findings pieces of lamb rogan josh in my gob.....it's the simple things folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,026 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm tucking into a bag of penny sweets here.
    Are they even still called penny sweets? :)

To thine own self be true

Any cola bottles or jelly cherries?
    I have a few for something sweet

Th lovely message from OH made me smile

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Spent teh whole day with my grandson today.Hes 15 months and hes so funny.Great day.

Any cola bottles or jelly cherries?
    I have a few for something sweet

Th lovely message from OH made me smile

It was mostly the sugar coated strawberries and those short little pipe shapes that are filled with a white insert.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It was mostly the sugar coated strawberries and those short little pipe shapes that are filled with a white insert.

Strawberry jellies ? My favourite!!!!!

Strawberry jellies ? My favourite!!!!!

Not the big ones, the ones that are the same size of a cent and dripping in sugar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

That I got home sort of safely :), myself & the car skidded on ice coming home from work this morning and landed in the ditch on the other side. Feeling very happy and grateful to be alive right now :D.

Anyone driving today, be careful & take it easy. :)

Fleetwood Mac giving me motivation to do work on my thesis (she says as she writes a post on Boards :D)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement

Going to see Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Feeling Christmassy and a new jacket. Makes me th :)

My mam, she’s an absolute angel. She knew I was working hard on my thesis today so just randomly brought me over a cup of tea and a bowl of stuffing (she was making homemade stuffing for the dinner) to “keep my energy up” :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Listening to Marty Whelan this morning and he played The Gadfly. Always brings a bit of sunshine into my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Gin bottles.

No, not emptying them - I can't stand the stuff, but I love looking at the bottles whenever I go past them in the supermarket. Their attractive and highly varied shapes, colours and labeling is very pleasing to the eye. Just don't ask me to actually drink it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Listening to Marty Whelan this morning and he played The Gadfly. Always brings a bit of sunshine into my day.

Thank you. I went to find it on YouTube and now it has added a bit of sunshine to my day too 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TH for a bottle of original Nuremberg mulled wine and two toilet rolls.😁

Had to get a thermostat unstuck for my neighbour granny. I never leave her place with empty hands, it’s just impossible. The wine will heat me this evening and don’t laugh about the rolls! My dripping nose left me without any reserves. 😄

After that i started my daily bicycle patrol and discovered nice gadgets in the next village. People here put their junk out for the bin men to fetch it on a given day. Mostly they stick a paper to it “For free”. Everybody can take stuff away as long as you don’t leave a mess. 😉

So one of the pots and the trolley are mine, ha!

As i have three spare pallets i might build a two seater sofa with my old beanbag on top and the wheels under it. I already put an working model together. Another project. 😂

Just listened to it now on YouTube, absolutely gorgeous, I'm sitting here wondering if music like that was played in shops and supermarkets would it stop the shopping frenzy,relax us and lead to more productive shopping ,I'm sure the shop owners wouldn't want to encourage a slow down in buying but mentally I think I'd actually enjoy the experience rather than the absolute headwreck of trying to think of what I need when theres crap music playing and I just want to get out of the shop...food for thought anyway but it definitely relaxed me listening to that piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Holding a snoozing newborn baby and that amazing new born smell

• Advertisement

Jingle cats, I'm far to easily amused!

Advertisement