Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Stipe - Your Capricious Soul

Options
  • 05-10-2019 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

After some 40 odd years in music, Michael Stipe has released his debut solo single today, "Your Capricious Soul". It is being sold for $0.77 as a non profit single towards climate action, which continues a theme R.E.M. have carried since the 1980s, so bandwagoner complaints can't be taken seriously. It can also be downloaded free if desired.

The track is reportedly the first full song he's ever written, I believe he wrote the music for this himself.

I've listened a few times. It's.. Not bad. Not bad. The melody has lingered with me after hearing it. It's an electronic/atmospheric type track. Not a guitar to be heard.

A point of reference from R.E.M. days, maybe shades of New Orleans Instrumental #1 given the Up treatment (Hope maybe).

Good to hear him back. An album to follow.

https://www.michaelstipe.com/

Comments

Advertisement