Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False rape accusation...who would you believe?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Sorry to drag this up again, but the Cyprus rape accuser released another statement.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brit-teen-cyprus-gang-rape-21406561

I am sorry, but this is absurd. I mean she is actually contradicting herself in multiple accounts, and against actualy witnesses and events. Her friends never rescued her for god sake :P

It's not hte fact that she's lying, it's the fact that she is finding a shocking amoutn of supporting with femenists and even the Guardian.

Edit: Also, they've raised 154,000 pounds for her. How much do you think a brit accused of rape would get?

I didn't see anything contradicting in that article?
    Maybe somewhere else there was

bubblypop wrote: »
    I didn't see anything contradicting in that article?
    Maybe somewhere else there was

I guess the biggest example is she said twelve men raped her and noe is she saying she doesn't know. Yes, PTSD and thrauma does have an effect, but there is an extent IMO. I mean most of the people she accused had alibis. There are many other contradictions of course, bit you kind of have to search for the info as even the wikipedia article is lacking. A

Tbh, Bubblypop, you have to admit that this really isn't the best case for rape accusers. I'm curious about your opinion as she has been found guilty in a court of law?

Tbh, Bubblypop, you have to admit that this really isn't the best case for rape accusers. I'm curious about your opinion as she has been found guilty in a court of law?

tbh, I honestly don't know enough of the details to comment too much yet, but I do know she wasn't treated correctly by the police & I would have doubts about her 'confession' to making a false statement.
    now, maybe the Police made a cock up of the investigation from the very beginning.
    i will have to read some more i think.

obviously, anyone making a false report of rape should be dealt with by the law, it doesn't help actual victims.

tbh, I honestly don't know enough of the details to comment too much yet, but I do know she wasn't treated correctly by the police & I would have doubts about her 'confession' to making a false statement.
    now, maybe the Police made a cock up of the investigation from the very beginning.
    i will have to read some more i think.

obviously, anyone making a false report of rape should be dealt with by the law, it doesn't help actual victims.

She was treated probably nicer than how male criminals are treated in Ireland tbh. The confession seems okay and at one point she even told her mother, through text, that 'she had it under control'.

There is no reason to doubt this guilty verdict.

• Advertisement

She was treated probably nicer than how male criminals are treated in Ireland tbh.

i can assure you male criminals or prisoners are treated very well in Ireland. Very well, better than Cyprus I have no doubt!

Yea, i will read up some more

i can assure you male criminals or prisoners are treated very well in Ireland. Very well, better than Cyprus I have no doubt!

Yea, i will read up some more

Male prisoners can be kind of kept awake for 24 hours and if they sleep their interrogation can be pushed forward a day or something odd. Oh, I'm not getting snappy, but the police were actually kind in comparison to like a drug dealer or trouble maker.

Male prisoners can be kind of kept awake for 24 hours and if they sleep their interrogation can be pushed forward a day or something odd.

I don't understand this?
    Do you think this happens in Ireland or are you talking about some other country?

I don't understand this?
    Do you think this happens in Ireland or are you talking about some other country?

A while ago there were reports that suspects were being kept awake for 24 hours and it is law that if you sleep between the hours of 12-8 your 'stay' can be extended for 8 hours.

Tbh, this doesn't really matter but I wasn't really bothered by her treatment as it will mild how must suspects of a crime are treated. And she sent her mother a text saying that she was fine and she had it under control.

Edit: Another sidenote is that everybody is reporting her as having PTSD, the defense said this was why she took back the statement, but PTSD needs two years of symptoms before being diagnosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    That was organised by Linda Hayden who is running for the Social Democrats next election
    Ms Hayden wanted Paddy Whiskey to end their sponsorship of London Irish as well

According to Ms Hayden Ireland still has a rape culture
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...tion-1.4033034

Supposedly she was drugged and raped almost 20 years ago even though she never reported it to gardaí then, or since, saying she refused to give her attackers “power over me”.
    Supposedly men will get the benefit of the doubt, if they “come from good stock”.
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who sees how dangerous this person is. Spends her time male bashing and accusing lads of cheating on Twitter. Something not right imo.

• Advertisement

I'm glad I'm not the only person who sees how dangerous this person is. Spends her time male bashing and accusing lads of cheating on Twitter. Something not right imo.

To be honest, I find the only people harping on about a rape culture, tend to be the ones who benefit from such a thing existing. Feminists/SJW (and to a lesser degree politicians or the media).

A rape culture doesn't benefit males in the slightest, since in spite of what SJWs would like to pretend, the majority of males have no interest/desire in engaging in rape, and simply makes the normal dating experience more difficult. It also doesn't seem to help women either, since it generates an atmosphere of fear that doesn't lessen the numbers of actual rapes in general. (At least, I haven't seen any stats to show over a period of a decade or such, that rape statistics have dropped during the same period that such a culture was promoted to exist - US campus being the most likely candidates for such research..)

The only people I can see benefiting are the people who use it as a platform to gain support, which in turn, means that they gain sponsorship, or buyers for their books/associated products.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Male prisoners can be kind of kept awake for 24 hours and if they sleep their interrogation can be pushed forward a day or something odd. Oh, I'm not getting snappy, but the police were actually kind in comparison to like a drug dealer or trouble maker.

Male prisoners are not often interrogated. Do you mean people who haven't gone to trial, are not in prison and interviewed in police custody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

joeguevara wrote: »
    Male prisoners are not often interrogated. Do you mean people who haven't gone to trial, are not in prison and interviewed in police custody?

Yes, thats what he means, you can be detained and imprisoned based off someone's false accusation & if there is reason enough for the gards to believe you have committed the crime.

If you make bail which you should do if you have no previous convictions, there is a process there to be followed also, doesnt mean you will be automatically released.

If you don't make bail, you can still go to the high court, where you have a better chance of making bail.

In addition to this, if anyone has made a false/ridiculous false rape accusation about you in the past, this will most likely be logged on their pulse system. It could well influence their decision to go ahead with a case or not & you will have never known about it.

Basic morale of the story is, if you are a male, anyway promiscuous and have any jilted/scorned former lovers, watch out.

Yes, thats what he means, you can be detained and imprisoned based off someone's false accusation & if there is reason enough for the gards to believe you have committed the crime.

If you make bail which you should do if you have no previous convictions, there is a process there to be followed also, doesnt mean you will be automatically released.

If you don't make bail, you can still go to the high court, where you have a better chance of making bail.

In addition to this, if anyone has made a false/ridiculous false rape accusation about you in the past, this will most likely be logged on their pulse system. It could well influence their decision to go ahead with a case or not & you will have never known about it.

Basic morale of the story is, if you are a male, anyway promiscuous and have any jilted/scorned former lovers, watch out.

All rubbish

TBH, I never really get this whole jilted or nasty ex-gf/lover thing that people go on about. I'm 42, single, never married, a few serious relationships in my past, and I'm very active on the dating scene internationally.

I'm still friends with all of my ex's. Not best friends but we're friendly when we encounter each other. I've never had a bad experience with someone I've dated. I have met/dated the odd weirdo, or nutter, but they tend to disappear after the first/second date. [or I disappear politely]

When I hear these kinds of comments, I wonder how it is that other men are behaving in dating/relationships, or the type of partners/dates they "chase"... It seems to me that most men should be more selective in who they date, and more importantly, who they have sex with.

It's perhaps not a bad thing if more men start being more careful who they decide to spend their time with, and seek to understand their partners before jumping in.

TBH, I never really get this whole jilted or nasty ex-gf/lover thing that people go on about. I'm 42, single, never married, a few serious relationships in my past, and I'm very active on the dating scene internationally.

I'm still friends with all of my ex's. Not best friends but we're friendly when we encounter each other. I've never had a bad experience with someone I've dated. I have met/dated the odd weirdo, or nutter, but they tend to disappear after the first/second date. [or I disappear politely]

When I hear these kinds of comments, I wonder how it is that other men are behaving in dating/relationships, or the type of partners/dates they "chase"... It seems to me that most men should be more selective in who they date, and more importantly, who they have sex with.

It's perhaps not a bad thing if more men start being more careful who they decide to spend their time with, and seek to understand their partners before jumping in.

i'm more nervous of the scorned woman than the disrespected woman

i'm more nervous of the scorned woman than the disrespected woman

Fair enough. I would be too... except... all I can do is be respectful towards women, and not put myself in a possibly compromising position without a measure of trust between us.

A scorned woman never reaches my home, or a hotel room with me. A scorned woman only meets me in a public place. It's not perfect, but nothing is anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭iptba

From last year:
    Scots teen sent HERSELF scores of depraved messages in vendetta that drove man to brink of suicide
    Teenager Shannon Maley concocted the vicious smear campaign in a bid to send distraught Kevin Stewart to prison.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/coatbridge-man-driven-brink-suicide-20378894
    'Monster' teen jailed after sending herself depraved messages from fake profiles leaving innocent man suicidal
    Shannon Maley used fake profiles to send herself threatening messages in a smear campaign against Kevin Stewart who has learning difficulties.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/teen-airdrie-girl-who-left-20665912

The problem is the men and women who blindly support her. Teenage girls falsley accuse each other of stuff all the time, and in the past that girl would have goten a stern talking to by an older woman who would have set her on abetter path.

Yet, now, I imagine they'll blame the man somehow.

Margo Noonan, head of the SATU based at the South Infirmary in Cork, also said there was a growing trend of Leaving Certificate students presenting to the unit having been raped or sexually assaulted at overseas “hotspots” popular with people celebrating the end of exams.

She said that, in those cases, the perpetrators appeared to be locals rather than peers, adding: “It’s like everywhere in life — if someone is vulnerable, the vultures are waiting to pick.”
    One way to look at this is that some situations are riskier than others and people may be able to reduce the risks.

• Advertisement

Two Ohio State University football players, Amir Riep, 21, and Jahsen Wint, 21, were arrested last week after being accused of kidnapping and raping a 19-year-old woman. The next day, head coach Ryan Day announced he dismissed the two from the team.
    So before conviction, these 2 young men have been named in the media, and have been dropped from their football team (which might have been/was probably an important possible career path for them).

iptba wrote: »
    So before conviction, these 2 young men have been named in the media, and have been dropped from their football team (which might have been/was probably an important possible career path for them).

So... what is considered consent now then? merely that the woman doesn't claim rape? That there's no way to ensure a male's security in engaging in sex...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

All of this is happening because the Feminist movement has convinced the Government of a College Campus Rape Crisis across The States....in yet another example of how twisted this movement has become and it's dangerous consequences for men.

People need to start paying way more attention, these headbangers will attempt the same here in time.

All of this is happening because the Feminist movement has convinced the Government of a College Campus Rape Crisis across The States....in yet another example of how twisted this movement has become and it's dangerous consequences for men.

People need to start paying way more attention, these headbangers will attempt the same here in time.

Started a thread in CA/IMHO about it.

I dunno. It feels so messy. It's all so vague, and open to be abused. There's no definite guide or rules. Nothing to say.. you did xyz, and you're safe.. or even safe ish. It's a push to make you completely and utterly trust your sexual partner... and lets be honest, even after years together, there are depths to partners that aren't discovered...

I dunno. It just seems really dangerous to me. Like an attempt to stop people having sex. It's giving a very dangerous weapon to people, and just assuming that they won't press the big red button.

I wonder was the woman white? It sounds silly, but there has been historically a bit of an issue in regards to false accusations imo.

Again, I have said this before, but the problem is not women. It's men who are afraid and are listening to this bull****. Why are those women being given tax payers money (and I imagine they are if they are a domestic violence group).

Man, I'm happy to live abroad.

I wonder was the woman white? It sounds silly, but there has been historically a bit of an issue in regards to false accusations imo.

Again, I have said this before, but the problem is not women. It's men who are afraid and are listening to this bull****. Why are those women being given tax payers money (and I imagine they are if they are a domestic violence group).

Man, I'm happy to live abroad.

Depends where you live though.. since this insanity is spreading.

As for who the problem is... it's the experts. The people who make their living by expanding their area of expertise so that they'll be able be judge/jury in the future. Guarantees them an audience for their books, podcasts, and youtube vids, or even without those, it guarantees them an extensive peer group to rub shoulders with. I'm always a little amazed at the way "they" decide who is ethically authorized/appropriate to become an expert on consent, rape, etc... Or that they put forward their system, but there's such gaping holes in the logic.

Depends where you live though.. since this insanity is spreading.

As for who the problem is... it's the experts. The people who make their living by expanding their area of expertise so that they'll be able be judge/jury in the future. Guarantees them an audience for their books, podcasts, and youtube vids, or even without those, it guarantees them an extensive peer group to rub shoulders with. I'm always a little amazed at the way "they" decide who is ethically authorized/appropriate to become an expert on consent, rape, etc... Or that they put forward their system, but there's such gaping holes in the logic.

Less gaping holes and more about mass psychological abuse tbh.

He describing as nonsense various “rape myths”, including an idea that woman regularly make up rape allegations for no reasons.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/jurors-told-not-to-make-moral-judgements-on-accused-or-victim-blame-in-rape-trial-988959.html

I'm not convinced judges should be making definitive statements like this in their charge to juries.

(US)
    DeVos Announces Update of Title IX, Cementing Due Process Rights for Students Accused of Sexual Misconduct
    National Review
    Zachary Evans,National Review
    •May 6, 2020

https://news.yahoo.com/devos-announces-title-ix-cementing-212227203.html

I'm no expert on US politics, but get the impression this might not have happened if a Democrat was president. Many I think would have run away from the idea of getting involved in support of the accused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

iptba wrote: »
    (US)

https://news.yahoo.com/devos-announces-title-ix-cementing-212227203.html

I'm no expert on US politics, but get the impression this might not have happened if a Democrat was president. Many I think would have run away from the idea of getting involved in support of the accused.

This happened because a Democrat was president, Biden has vowed to reverse due process for young men....

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/06/biden-vows-a-quick-end-to-devos-sexual-misconduct-rule-241715

Whatever you think of Trump, the Democrats are a joke...trying to keep the angry feminists on board by continuing to deny young men in college due process (something that is costing the colleges in class action suits) and simultaneously ignoring the serious accusations that Biden himself is facing....there is a good chance that Biden is so medicated he has no recollection that he is actually running in a presidential race!!

Advertisement