Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

bazz26 wrote: »

There is 3 440i for sale in Ireland at the moment which is definitely a record!!

I test drove that one and just couldn’t get excited about it after having driven the Model 3 Performance about 2 weeks before it. Coming from a 5 series the interior is such a let down. Would much prefer the Model 3 interior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

What category? Senderos with highish mileage would be largely worthless in UK, so even minor damage might tempt insurance co to write it off.

If it's a low level category, and you can price it accordingly and otherwise car is ok, I'd have no issue. At that price, you could write the whole car off ( value wise) over 3 years. Of course, by not being upfront, you are dealing with a douchebag, so theres that.

Is it wrong that I actually like these step ways? I think they are a great looking car for the money.

The report just said write off, whatever level it is that's why it ain't sold yet,it's not worth buying if you can't sell if you need too. They lied straight up,so scumbags. Betty was a Eastern European male,reported to done deal yea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

bidiots wrote: »
    Whats the story with this, have seen it advertised from 4 to 13k over the past year?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-728i-individual/23304544
    Looks tasty but no amount of tyre shine makes that worth €13k.

But must be a story with it, any one got any stories about it, Voodoo?
    What is it worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

digiman wrote: »
    There is 3 440i for sale in Ireland at the moment which is definitely a record!!

I test drove that one and just couldn’t get excited about it after having driven the Model 3 Performance about 2 weeks before it. Coming from a 5 series the interior is such a let down. Would much prefer the Model 3 interior.

That one in frank Keane is a UK car so they obviously thought there is a market for it here to bring it over. Were they flexible on price at all?
    I got a brand new 420d gc as a loaner for a few days a few weeks ago and couldn’t wait to give it back. Very disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

carsfan2 wrote: »
    That one in frank Keane is a UK car so they obviously thought there is a market for it here to bring it over. Were they flexible on price at all?
    I got a brand new 420d gc as a loaner for a few days a few weeks ago and couldn’t wait to give it back. Very disappointed.

I didn’t even bother trying to negotiate, I went there with the intention of seeing would the 3.0l petrol ignite something in me to help make up mind on the Model 3 but the test drive route they take you on down through Dun Laoghaire doesn’t exactly give you much of a chance to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

marcos_94 wrote: »
    Is there anything that Donedeal can do so that no one else gets done by them?

The fact that it's not greenlight verified would be the first sign. There is literally no reason for a seller not to put the serial number of the VRC into donedeal to get verified - the only reason not to would be to hide its history.

The report just said write off, whatever level it is that's why it ain't sold yet,it's not worth buying if you can't sell if you need too. They lied straight up,so scumbags. Betty was a Eastern European male,reported to done deal yea.

Sounds like a walk away situation alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭marcos_94

The fact that it's not greenlight verified would be the first sign. There is literally no reason for a seller not to put the serial number of the VRC into donedeal to get verified - the only reason not to would be to hide its history.

I had never really bothered with the greenlight when buying but will take note now. Normally do a history check of a car Iv gone to see and liked. Iv also never put in the serial number of the VRC into donedeal when selling. Didnt realise its significance, so will start doing that from now on! Thanks for the info

marcos_94 wrote: »
    I had never really bothered with the greenlight when buying but will take note now. Normally do a history check of a car Iv gone to see and liked. Iv also never put in the serial number of the VRC into donedeal when selling. Didnt realise its significance, so will start doing that from now on! Thanks for the info

The greenlight costs you nothing, and buyers can now filter based in it. I'm selling a car at the moment, and a search on donedeal pulls up about 15 similar cars. But filter it by 'nct' and 'greenlight' and it drops to just 3. It's a tough market, so play any advantage you can get to the max.

Just note that greenlight isnt a substitute for a proper check just before you buy. Also, greenlight wont show write offs in the UK, but it will tell you if its imported, so you can bear that in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1170684

12285158.jpg

First generation Rover streetwise for auction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

The greenlight costs you nothing, and buyers can now filter based in it. I'm selling a car at the moment, and a search on donedeal pulls up about 15 similar cars. But filter it by 'nct' and 'greenlight' and it drops to just 3. It's a tough market, so play any advantage you can get to the max.

Just note that greenlight isnt a substitute for a proper check just before you buy. Also, greenlight wont show write offs in the UK, but it will tell you if its imported, so you can bear that in mind.

I did the full greenlight check and it told me it was written off,as well as the other stuff.

I did the full greenlight check and it told me it was written off,as well as the other stuff.

Yeah, the full check yes, but the summary that appears in the advert wont tell you if it was written off in the UK.

Just to clarify: when I say 'greenlight' I mean the summary that can appear in the ads. I'm not talking about the paid for carcheck, greenlight, etc.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1170684

12285158.jpg

First generation Rover streetwise for auction

Wow, it's not often you get to buy an actual one-off concept car. Even if it's a bit rubbish. Still they were ahead of time in their thinking... Or 10 years behind the matra rancho.

Last time out it made £3600. I'd love it, just to nerd it around car shows....

Edit: it's not road legal - the mods at the back are made of clay and sheet metal glued in place. It would fall apart if you tried to drive it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/porsche-944-turbo-951/23356398?campaign=3

Lovely 944 here but the rear wheels dont look centred in the wheel arch. They look shifted forward. Id love to buy one of these in a few years but it does bug me they way the wheels are located, curtailing an otherwise very elegant design...

ZTgwYjdiZDAyNjc2MGIwMDkyNjczM2I4OWM5ZGI4YTR18k73tbWizt-daKwR97iqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzUzOTg0NTN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

ZTBlNjdkZjVkZjc4NDNhZGE2ZTNkNDAzNzc2MmQzNTloDrDKxRwbHuQrClDWQzCbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzUzOTg0NTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Advertisement

He wants 25k for that, gorgeous example though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

One for the barn.

Big Nasty wrote: »

“M Sport” he says!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

1.5 and electric, looks the business but it’s only 220 bhp for something that looks like NASA made it.

I’d still ****ing love one.

It's too much of a compromise though. It's like owning an e39 M5 but with a straight 6 3 litre for better fuel economy.
    Not enough of an EV and not enough of a petrol car.

That's crazy depreciation, what gives?
    They are crap.
    For the money you could have bought an m5.

Anyone with that money to spend new that was into EVs would have bought a Tesla, or if they wanted a sportscar they could have had a pick of fossil fuel cars at that tag.

Even now, you could buy a 2008 R8 for the same money as that I8

1.5 and electric, looks the business but it’s only 220 bhp for something that looks like NASA made it.

I’d still ****ing love one.

Don’t they do 60mph in around 4 seconds?

I always get taken in by the idea of mothballing a low mileage Sporting.
    Reality is it’s not gonna happen, but these are an absolute future desirable classic.

bazz26 wrote: »

I just dont get people who put money into faf like induction kits and coilovers and then skimp out with crappy cheap tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭BOSTIK

Asking €1,200 and only €56 to tax next year. NCT is out since 2018 but the ad appears genuine enough.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-sunny-n13/23319149

YjI5Yzc3M2NjYWEwODAzYTllMWM3OGMzYzU4MzcyM2J2glq0X-vMC1gnQaXZI-dGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzUxNDg2NTF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'd like that, I learned to drive in a 1988 5 door hatch one that we had as a runaround well into the 2000s. Also learned other things on the backseat which was nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'd like that, I learned to drive in a 1988 5 door hatch one that we had as a runaround well into the 2000s. Also learned other things on the backseat which was nice.

Go on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I learnt all that in a 1998 Renault Megane saloon.

Still wouldn't want one today!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I learnt sweet f all in the back of my 94 tempra.
    Except maybe how to rev the **** out of a 1.9d with three functioning gears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-e39-msport/23383416

Any thoughts on this. I would nearly go for a look only it's 3 hours away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Interslice wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-e39-msport/23383416

Any thoughts on this. I would nearly go for a look only it's 3 hours away.

Based on advert alone I'd leave it.....Donegal and smoked in...not a good combination

How would a main VW Dealer end up with a left hand drive BMW 330i?

And more importantly why have they chosen to sell a left hand drive 65k car?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-left-hand-drive-330i-x-drive-m-sport/23205950

Diplomatic car, and its diplomatic driver recalled/moved.

Diplomatic car, and its diplomatic driver recalled/moved.

Why would a dealer choose to sell an uninspiring Skoda left hand drive then?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2017-skoda-rapid-1-6-tdi-left-hand-drive/23233363

Price dropped from €17950
    :eek:

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    Why would a dealer choose to sell an uninspiring Skoda left hand drive then?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2017-skoda-rapid-1-6-tdi-left-hand-drive/23233363

For the very same reason?

The dealer sticker on the left of the tailgate might give some clue of its origins, under the llama or whatever it is, says something like “Coupe Rublo”

• Advertisement

For the very same reason?

Not every left hand drive car in the country is a diplomatic car FFS!

Sorry, for some reason I never copped that those two cars were being sold by different dealers.

The BMW is a former diplomatic car. I don’t know about the other one. Were it being sold by the same dealer I would just presume that it was there for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Most of the relatively new ones being sold are diplomatic/embassy cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Most of the relatively new ones being sold are diplomatic/embassy cars.

and so VRT cannot be reclaimed if exported ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

0lddog wrote: »

Ya I think that's the case.

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »

It won’t have been paid so can’t be reclaimed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

BMW is more than likely from the states or Canada I'd say.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-ignis/23510655

YmU5NWU5MGQyZTcyZWNjNGI1NjA4MjRhYTMwM2M0OWb7YYer7PEiaMx_w-TAwMkFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzY1Nzg2Njh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

My old car, I sold it about 5 years ago with NCT and tax, on 12k miles, for €350

It was also completely original at that time

Miss it terribly!

How much did you buy it for if you dlipped it for 350?

I got it for nothing

• Advertisement
Advertisement