Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fast Track

Options
  • 12-08-2019 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,196 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question on the fast track in dublin airport for anybody who has used it. Before you get to security proper there is usually a queue to reach the point where a staff member looks at your boarding pass and directs you into one of the security lanes. Does fast track allow you to skip this queue as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭trellheim

No. Scanning of boarding pass is a mandatory screening measure. if you are in the fast track channel they also check if you are entitled to fast track . Once you are through that its to the dedicated lanes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Allinall

When you go in the main door for departures, instead of turning left where the automatic gates into security are ( where you scan your boarding pass and the glass barrier opens), walk straight across and you will see the fast track desk.

You show your boarding pass and fast rack booking conformation, and you will go through and straight into a dedicated security lane.

I've never had more than 3 or 4 people in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,196 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Allinall wrote: »
    When you go in the main door for departures, instead of turning left where the automatic gates into security are ( where you scan your boarding pass and the glass barrier opens), walk straight across and you will see the fast track desk.

You show your boarding pass and fast rack booking conformation, and you will go through and straight into a dedicated security lane.

I've never had more than 3 or 4 people in front.

cheers. i was hoping there would be something like that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

trellheim wrote: »
    No. Scanning of boarding pass is a mandatory screening measure. if you are in the fast track channel they also check if you are entitled to fast track . Once you are through that its to the dedicated lanes

There is a separate door and boarding pass scan for Fasttrack in both terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

fast track is money well spent if you have kids or don't like crowds.

I use it every time, cant deal with the que etc I get fierce anxious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Fasttrack is great unless your bag gets taken aside for a random swab test at which point you lose the time advantage and the extra paid for using it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Fasttrack is great unless your bag gets taken aside for a random swab test at which point you lose the time advantage and the extra paid for using it...

That also happens without fast track.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

italodisco wrote: »
    fast track is money well spent if you have kids or don't like crowds.

I use it every time, cant deal with the que etc I get fierce anxious

Same, I don’t fly without it, for what it costs it’s tremendous value from having to stand behind nattering fûckwits who have pockets full of change, jewelry, and jackets still on as they approach the belt, not to mention heels..

As well as being well spent for the situation you mentioned, if it’s a busy time even for a solo traveler or a couple say 9.30 in the morning it’s essential. I’ve spent 40 minutes on one occasion in a Q just to be screened, ok it’s unusual but it adds more stress to your journey... good to breeze through and just pull up to the shops and restaurants in the mood to start enjoying the holiday... instead of NEEDING a drink..money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Strumms wrote: »
    Same, I don’t fly without it, for what it costs it’s tremendous value from having to stand behind nattering fûckwits who have pockets full of change, jewelry, and jackets still on as they approach the belt, not to mention heels..

As well as being well spent for the situation you mentioned, if it’s a busy time even for a solo traveler or a couple say 9.30 in the morning it’s essential. I’ve spent 40 minutes on one occasion in a Q just to be screened, ok it’s unusual but it adds more stress to your journey... good to breeze through and just pull up to the shops and restaurants in the mood to start enjoying the holiday... instead of NEEDING a drink..money well spent.

I've always found it odd that in Terminal 2 there is a Change machine (you put in a note, you get coins) beside one of the pillars in the security queue. Well it was there like 2-3 years ago may not be anymore.

Fast track is an essential part of my travel, I won't travel without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I've always found it odd that in Terminal 2 there is a Change machine (you put in a note, you get coins)

Strange alright, I thought if there would be a machine it would be for the opposite purpose...put in coins, get a note I’ve seen those at other airports.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They used to charge for see through bags if you needed them, hence the change machine. Trying to get a positive reputation as a friendly airport did away with they.

T1 security has been redesigned since then so they'd have been taken out

• Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've always found it odd that in Terminal 2 there is a Change machine (you put in a note, you get coins) beside one of the pillars in the security queue. Well it was there like 2-3 years ago may not be anymore.

Might be a hangover from the days when if you didn't have a plastic bag for your liquids (or if you got one of the jobsworths on a bad day, didn't have precisely the right size of bag) you had to buy one from a machine with a €1 coin. Actually, you had to buy two, in a little capsule, but you could only use one, which always annoyed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ah I forgot they used to charge for the bags. It all makes some sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Just wondering where the T2 Fast Track is located? I know normal security is up the escalators, but unsure where Fast Track is if anybody can advise? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

damowill wrote: »
    Just wondering where the T2 Fast Track is located? I know normal security is up the escalators, but unsure where Fast Track is if anybody can advise? thanks
    Up the same escalators and to the left of the normal security

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Contemplating Fast Track for a flight in March and it's going to cost about 8 euro. Does anyone know who supplies the free cuppa? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

MaeveD wrote: »
    Contemplating Fast Track for a flight in March and it's going to cost about 8 euro. Does anyone know who supplies the free cuppa? Thanks :)

Marqette in T1
    Harvest Market, Java Republic, Lavazza or Irish Meadows in T2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

MaeveD wrote: »
    Save your money and buy yourself a coffee at Butler's...

Advertisement