Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

brianblaze wrote: »
    I hope that's a parody account?
    Think he's dead serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Think he's dead serious.

Must be great craic at parties

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Nearly €40 for a GA ticket for the show with the Lucha Bros. Also seems the Lucha Bros are advertised for an Indy show in Chicago the same night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Next show in Kilnamanagh looks good but 38euro general admission is a bit much.

38 notes is steep.

Venue is limited to 400 tickets, must be a factor.

Hottest act in Indy wrestling, makes sense.

Won't be making this one, but should be an awesome show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Lucha Bros being advertised on AAW Unstoppable for the same night, someone mentioned that already but what will happen there? Pricey too.

rizzla wrote: »
    Lucha Bros being advertised on AAW Unstoppable for the same night, someone mentioned that already but what will happen there? Pricey too.

They're also booked for FCP the night before so presumably they'll be here but be nice to have it cleared up especially with those prices.

rizzla wrote: »

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1188597314161647616

• Advertisement

Well that's that cleared up so.

Interesting to see them saying it was AEW's call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

For what it’s worth I know Lucha Bros are expensive. A quick Google also tells me they’re based in Mexico, which I imagine is a factor in adding to flight costs (which OTT would have to contribute towards to book imports). Pentagon is one of the lads I always see requested to come over too to be fair and they’re getting him when he’s never been more known thanks to AEW. That’s not to say that people are unreasonable for finding that expensive, the price is what it is, but I imagine that plus limited capacity is what contributes towards it rather than any strategic price hike or anything along those lines.

AAW now saying that AEW didn't pull them from the show but that the Lucha Bros double booked themselves.

I assume/ hope there as a trade with Killer Kross for Lucha Bros. Kross didn't go to the stadium show and replaced Lucha Bros for AAW so logic dictates, they came to an arrnagement? (Logic meaning, I'm just totally jumping to an assumption!)

AAW guy on twitter said he was told by them they pulled out due to contractul reasons, then a later tweet saying he just found out that it wasn't AEW's doing so going by that doesn't seem there was any arrangment in place.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

David Starr to go full circle cult leader and Jordon comes back to save us from a Waco....

He is not the hero we need, but the one we deserve goddammit!

I wonder if there were a show on a Wednesday with an Irish lad with a new heel stable formed where he'd fit in....

I really hope that's why, that or long term booking, we all turn on Starr and he's the returning hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I’d say it’s a work and he just comes back full blown heel

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What was the story with the Devlin thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

What was the story with the Devlin thing?

He lost and then they said he was gone. Probably a work. 🀷*♂️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

am guessing more nxt uk work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Scotty Davis nickname the saviour? He the next Devlin?

Would love a ward comeback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Randomly found that the domain of www.irishwhipwrestling.com is gone and their last show was August 2018 (cagematch)

I assume that's the end of IWW ?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

Not a fan of Scotty Davis new theme song. Thought his old entrance music was far better. But I'm all for him being the next top baby face.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Oh my goodness the commentary of the Devlin-Starr match. 'David Starr being carried by his army of incels.' Did Aongo watch 2011 Michael Cole and think 'he is nailing this'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

The main event was great - special atmosphere that comes along only every so often and the mat slappers didn't know what to do with the crowd favouring Starr.

B Cool entrance was very funny and entertaining match with Orange.
    Tag title match was decent but i find the Zach Gibson speech boring now. (also the return of OTT announcing workers who won't be there hours before the show).
    Ladder Match & Women's title match - less said about them the better.

cian68 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness the commentary of the Devlin-Starr match. 'David Starr being carried by his army of incels.' Did Aongo watch 2011 Michael Cole and think 'he is nailing this'?
    I complained about him on here before but got told off by others for it. Not a fan of his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

showpony1 wrote: »
    Ladder Match & Women's title match - less said about them the better.

And Eddie Kingston and the G.O.D match...

Compared to last year's 4th Anniversary show it was pretty bad. Easily the worst OTT show I've been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

And Eddie Kingston and the G.O.D match...

Compared to last year's 4th Anniversary show it was pretty bad. Easily the worst OTT show I've been to.

Harsh I think. Although probably not as good as last year I still thought it was class.

Can't believe people are complaining about the ladder match I really liked it. It was a proper psychological match, I guess people wanted the two lads doing ridiculous bumps all match off the top of it. That gator roll at the end off the top of it was incredible.

What was wrong with the women's match too? Thought it did very well to serve the purpose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Surprised to see so many to say they didn’t like the ladder match I loved it.

The women’s match didn’t click at all I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 8 princeparsnips

I think the crowd were a bit worn out or something by the ladder match. They seemed to struggle to get into it which made it seem not so great. It was maybe timed poorly in the order. Womens match was alright too, was surprised Katie won. Kingston/Thatcher and KOTN v GOD weren't great though. Pre show match, b cool, opening match and main event were great for me though.

I agree scottys music isn't great but his entrance felt more of a big deal than normal.

Oh and James Drake is a **** Charlie Sterling. I think Zack Gibson seems like a bit of a jobber with him compared to when he was with the Rapture.

Defiant 3 was decent, although the main event was a bit difficult for me to watch after what happened Debbie :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I wonder what are the chances of a face turn for Charlie Sterling if he comes back to wrestling.

cian68 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness the commentary of the Devlin-Starr match. 'David Starr being carried by his army of incels.'

Did Aonghus not realise those incels are real people (not part of the show) who would hear his comments? just because they don't enjoy wrestling in the same way that he does.

Did Aonghus not realise those incels are real people (not part of the show) who would hear his comments? just because they don't enjoy wrestling in the same way that he does.

Was he not just kayfabing anger at the crowd for turning on Devlin?

"Shaun Ryan presents:
    The Mat Slappers vs. The Incels
    Involuntary Chaos (from tallaght)"

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

brianblaze wrote: »
    Was he not just kayfabing anger at the crowd for turning on Devlin?

Considering it was during the "show" (Which people tend to forget) I'm assuming everything he says is "kayfabe". It's a feckin show lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

"Shaun Ryan presents:
    The Mat Slappers vs. The Incels
    Involuntary Chaos (from tallaght)"

Involuntary Chaos... Great name for a metal band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Big congratulations to Jordan Devlin and David Starr on their 5 star match from OTT's 5th Anniversary Show. I've been lucky enough to attend a good few wrestling shows live but the atmosphere for that match was like nothing I've ever been part of before, it was almost an outer body experience.

Maybe that was only the case if you followed the story they'd been telling over multiple shows and maybe if you hadn't it would have just come off like a very good match in front of a hot crowd, but the match itself delivered and the crowd brought that thing to a whole other level. The post match stuff with Starr was so great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Dave Meltzer mentioned it the other day after he saw it and lost his mind over it. Saying it was an easy MOTY contender and that he really wants to go see matches in the National Stadium because the atmosphere is amazing.

I liked the match but I think I was sitting too far away to really get into it. There was a spot in the middle where they were just lying down for a long, long time and I didn't see what happened, so it just felt weird to me at the time.

I had also enjoyed a little bit of the bubbly all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

Was definitely an amazing match maybe second best match I've ever seen live and definitely the atmosphere made it.

OTT and Phoenix both have their Christmas show on the 14th, busy weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Irish tag team calling themselves The Incels....Americanised twats.

Irish tag team calling themselves The Incels....Americanised twats.

I'm assuming it's more of a dig on Aongus' commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

OTT has lost its craziness maybe they can do a cross over show? Justy vs. Matilda

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I should know the answer to this already, but I'm after falling out of touch this year. What's the easiest way to catch up with OTT shows online? I remember hearing about an on-demand website but I've never looked into it before.

I'll be asking similar questions about AEW in another thread later. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

ThePott wrote: »
    Was definitely an amazing match maybe second best match I've ever seen live and definitely the atmosphere made it.

OTT and Phoenix both have their Christmas show on the 14th, busy weekend.

If Phoenix don’t find a proper venue I don’t see them lasting the course. Which would be a shame. The Kino was so perfect. I had hoped the new owners would have been open to wrestling but would appear not.

Venue Crisis strikes again unfortunately. Circus Factory is a decent spot but would definitely love another Kino show.
    Although I know they'll be closing for a total renovation at some point in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

ThePott wrote: »
    Venue Crisis strikes again unfortunately. Circus Factory is a decent spot but would definitely love another Kino show.
    Although I know they'll be closing for a total renovation at some point in the near future.

Think that’s a few years down the line tbh.

I wonder have they tried the likes of the imperial or metropole or even Cyprus Avenue. Needs a city centre venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I should know the answer to this already, but I'm after falling out of touch this year. What's the easiest way to catch up with OTT shows online? I remember hearing about an on-demand website but I've never looked into it before.

I'll be asking similar questions about AEW in another thread later. :P

https://overthetopwrestling.pivotshare.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭NITRO95

• Advertisement
Advertisement