Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

29 year old beginner - Novice Championship?

Options
  • 18-11-2015 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine, who's 29 is interested in taking up boxing with the view to competing. Is he too old?

Obviously he wouldn't get to a senior level but is the novice all Ireland / Dublin championship a possibility? What's the criteria for such championships if there is any? Is it under 32 and with less than 5 bouts or something?

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

A mate is it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Danye

liam7831 wrote: »

Haha

Why are people suspicious when you ask for information for a friend? :)
    It says a lot about the individual who thinks I'd ask for myself using a "friend" as a front for a question. Bizarre IMO.

liam7831 wrote: »

Haha

Why are people suspicious when you ask for information for a friend? :)
    It says a lot about the individual who thinks I'd ask for myself using a "friend" as a front for a question. Bizarre IMO.

Can anybody shed any info on this?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just email the IABA. The criteria is based off a max of 10 bouts for a novice. After this you are no longer a novice, and you can then enter chanmpionships against intermediate/Senior boxers. As far as I know the age limit is 35. It may have been lowered to 32, but I never heard that.

There is Dublin Novice Championships and provinces as well. I do not believe there is an All Ireland Novice championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Camroc20

hey

Did you get anywhere with this. Was actually trying to find out the same thing today but haven't really got anywhere. Would be keen to know how you got on.

Advertisement