Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards FSA Cup Competitions

Options
  • 05-08-2019 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭

Are there FA Cup and Carabao Cup type competitions being run this year?

Not really had much interest in Fantasy Football for the past year or so and rarely had any interaction with Fantasy Sports Arena on Boards so am way out of touch with what goes on these days. :D

If there isn't cup type competitions running, how would you feel about two cup competitions with €50 for the winner of each competition ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Not really had much interest in Fantasy Football for the past year or so and rarely had any interaction with Fantasy Sports Arena on Boards so am way out of touch with what goes on these days. :D

If there isn't cup type competitions running, how would you feel about two cup competitions with €50 for the winner of each competition ?

Don't know about FA Cup or League Cup, but we should definitely do a Fantasy Champions League one.

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uclfantasy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You mean the format rather than based on the actual cups don’t you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

CSF wrote: »
    You mean the format rather than based on the actual cups don’t you?

Yeah e.g CSF v Finnharpsboy winner through to next round, loser knocked out

Yeah e.g CSF v Finnharpsboy winner through to next round, loser knocked out
    I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm in as well. I love a good cup competition.

• Advertisement

Was thinking more along the lines of running it using the four FSA leagues and the qualifying league. That way nobody needs to give their team ids again or anything like that and it is limited then to Boardsies.

Can run one between September and December and the second one from January.

Both cup competitions will have a €50 prize for the winner.

Was thinking more along the lines of running it using the four FSA leagues and the qualifying league. That way nobody needs to give their team ids again or anything like that and it is limited then to Boardsies.

Can run one between September and December and the second one from January.

Both cup competitions will have a €50 prize for the winner.

That sounds good, I'd be well up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'd be up for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'd be on for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

i'd be interested but i dont think im in an FSA League

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Later in the season, an FSA Cup with the proceeds going to charity(like we did previously) might be a nice idea

I've managed to get an extra €50 to throw into these two cups so that makes it €150.
    2 cups - €75 each
    So 2 questions for you all...

1) €50 for the winner, €25 for runner up or €75 winner takes all ?
    2) FSA League and Qualifying League Teams only or open it up for Fantasy Sports Arena boardsies that aren't in these leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Count me in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I've managed to get an extra €50 to throw into these two cups so that makes it €150.
    2 cups - €75 each
    So 2 questions for you all...

1) €50 for the winner, €25 for runner up or €75 winner takes all ?
    2) FSA League and Qualifying League Teams only or open it up for Fantasy Sports Arena boardsies that aren't in these leagues?

1) 1st and 2nd.

2) It suppose would be easier to manage just using the 5 leagues. If an FSA boardsie isn't in 1 of the top 4 leagues, nothing stopping them from entering the qualifying league.

F1ngers wrote: »
    1) 1st and 2nd.

2) It suppose would be easier to manage just using the 5 leagues. If an FSA boardsie isn't in 1 of the top 4 leagues, nothing stopping them from entering the qualifying league.
    Yeah, qualifying league should be the minimum requirement IMO. Don't think it should be restricted strictly to the 80 though either.

Or you're running 2 you could run in a similar manner to the English system, where the league cup is only for the 80 and the FA Cup style competition would cover everyone who is in the Qualifying League.

In the end its finnharpsboy's baby and he should make the call though, thats just me giving ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Great idea, Count me in

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, qualifying league should be the minimum requirement IMO. Don't think it should be restricted strictly to the 80 though either.

Or you're running 2 you could run in a similar manner to the English system, where the league cup is only for the 80 and the FA Cup style competition would cover everyone who is in the Qualifying League.

In the end its finnharpsboy's baby and he should make the call though, thats just me giving ideas.

I like this idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I like this idea.

As someone in the qualifying league I do not like this idea. I would however be in favour of a seeded version, like we have to get through a qualifying round to make the first round proper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd be on for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Count me in

Green&Red wrote: »
    As someone in the qualifying league I do not like this idea. I would however be in favour of a seeded version, like we have to get through a qualifying round to make the first round proper?

Yeah a seeded format would work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I'm in!

In order to be eligible for the Boards.ie FSA Cup, the minimum requirement is a place in the FSA Qualifying League and Team ID posted in the appropriate thread.
    As long as you have joined the Qualifying League and posted in the FSA Qualifying League thread you will automatically be entered.
    Late entries beyond the end of Gameweek 4 (1/9/19) will not be entered to the FSA Cup.

#1 128 teams will face off in Round 1. All 80 teams from FSA Premier League through to FSA League 2 qualify automatically for Round 1.
    The remaining 48 teams will come from the FSA Qualifying League. Depending on final entry numbers, there will be a preliminary playoff round in Gameweek 5 for the lower ranked teams in the league at the end of Gameweek 4, some teams from the top of the league will qualify automatically. (Numbers will be confirmed when final entry numbers are known).

#2 Round 1 will take place in Gameweek 6, Round 2 in Gameweek 8, Round 3 in Gameweek 10, Round 4 in Gameweek 12,
    Round 5 (Q/F) in Gameweek 14, Round 6 (S/F) in Gameweek 17 and Round 7 (The Final) in Gameweek 19 on December 26th.

#3 Open draw for all teams.

#4 The winner (the team with highest Gameweek score minus any transfer points) will progress to the next round.
    In the event of a draw, replay the following Gameweek will decide the winner. In the event of a second draw, the team moving on to the next round will be decided by (1) Most Goals scored in that Gameweek. (2) Fewest Goals Conceded in that Gameweek. (3) Highest Overall Rank

#5 Winning Prize of €50.00 for the Cup winner.
    Runner up prize of €25.00

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Fantastic initiative finnharpsboy...fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Fair play FHB

FH, BB and TC chips were designed to be used in cup comps such as these...

Following the completion of Gameweek 4 and the closing of entries to the FSA Qualifying League, the draw for the play-off round to gain entry to Round 1 of the FSA Cup can now take place.

Total entrants from FSA Premier League to FSA Qualifying League is 145.
    FSA Premier League, FSA Championship, FSA League 1 and FSA League 2 teams straight into Round 1.

Of the remaining 65 teams from FSA Qualifying League, 48 will qualify for Round 1 via the following format.
    The top 31 teams* will go straight into Round 1, the remaining 34 teams will be facing off in Gameweek 5 with the winners of each tie going on to join the other 111 teams, to make up 128 teams in Round 1.

*Currently 3 teams are tied in 31st place in the Qualifying League, so based on the post previously regarding the rules in the event of a draw, Goals scored that gameweek being the first parameter to decide a tie, eagle eye with 3 goals will be the 31st placed team, razorblunt with 2 goals is team 32 and Neamhshuntasach with 0 goals team 33.

FSA Cup Qualifiying Round Draw to Follow.....

Boards.ie FSA Cup Playoff Round

SlickRic v Mulla1985
    Father Hernandez v mustang shelly
    bennyineire v Sands81
    Sideshow Mark v hurlingman97
    SJIII v Neamhshuntasach
    redarmy v Just Magic
    Dr.kennethnoisewater v Beaulieu
    slimshady007 v Irishphotodesk
    Rikand v elefant
    Ros1234 v Paddy Irishman