Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eaglemoss DC Comics Graphic Novel Collection in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

L.S.F wrote: »
    I had the premium subscription from when it started till Dec 2016, have about 30 books all unopened! I'm a sucker for these sort of collections. Still trying to fill in the gaps with the first Marvel one, again the majority still unread.

Anyone collecting the Batman one just started?

Between these collections there has been the Original Marvel one, The Marvel Classics, the Modern Marvel ones, DC Collection, Batman Collection, Judge Dredd and I'm sure there was another graphic novel collection?

I have 2 years of the Marvel Fact Files too sitting at home too all in original wrappers. Idea was to collect the series then arrange them all but then it got extended and I just gave up. Have a few missing deliveries but far too late to complain now (only counted them at once about 18 months ago).

Anyone else like me? Suckered in by a collection run :D

2000ad, Star Trek and Transformers G1 are also running with Avengers and Deadpool collections have had test runs. Star Wars had a successful run in France but oddly never made it to UK/Ireland

Yeah its too late to complain about Marvel Fact Files Eaglemoss have lost the licence and can't publish or sell them anymore I got a back issue order in just in time though still missing 4 issues out of 250.

I collect the Dredd, 2000ad, Transformers G1 and Star Trek. The Marvel and DC were too varied for me would have got titles that I didn't like. I would like the Green Lantern specials in the DC collection but they are subscriber only sadly and i rather support my newsagent. I won't be collecting the Batman series though 4 is expensive enough for me at the moment couldn't afford a fifth partwork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭randombar

Anyone willing to offload the DC or marvel collections. Getting into the Batman ones myself and they're decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

Hachette have a DC Hero and Villains partworks out now

https://dccollection.hachettepartworks.com/

I don't intend to collect this one but picked up issue #1 in Eason Dundrum yesterday for €2.90.

Not sore if there is important tax on subscriptions from the site but gives prices in euro.

Doesn't look like there are any "special" issues planned but a couple of free gifts - Free issue and batman bottle opener first delivery. Heat changing mug, metal book cover & book ends with 3rd, 5th and 7th delivery.
    €30 per month for two books each delivery.

Hopefully Zavvi stock it and sell off like the previous DC collection in a year or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭randombar

L.S.F wrote: »
    Hachette have a DC Hero and Villains partworks out now

https://dccollection.hachettepartworks.com/

I don't intend to collect this one but picked up issue #1 in Eason Dundrum yesterday for €2.90.

Not sore if there is important tax on subscriptions from the site but gives prices in euro.

Doesn't look like there are any "special" issues planned but a couple of free gifts - Free issue and batman bottle opener first delivery. Heat changing mug, metal book cover & book ends with 3rd, 5th and 7th delivery.
    €30 per month for two books each delivery.

Hopefully Zavvi stock it and sell off like the previous DC collection in a year or so!

Any deals on the eaglemoss stuff? Have about half the batmans

Advertisement